• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Something is going on at Error's apartment!

Started by Recumbent ReCycler, October 05, 2007, 01:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Braddogg

Quote from: error on October 07, 2007, 10:38 PM NHFT
"Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils."

Slavery, for instance, would be one such thing.

I've studied the lifestyle of slaves in the American South extensively, and I think I'd take that over death.

Are we free now?

KBCraig

Quote from: Braddogg on October 07, 2007, 10:24 PM NHFT
I've never liked the "die" part of "live free or die."   :-\
Quote from: Braddogg on October 07, 2007, 10:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on October 07, 2007, 10:40 PM NHFT
"Live free or don't" just doesn't cut it

Why not?

You have to remember the rest of the quote: "Death is not the worst of evils".

kola

live free or get maimed?

live free or else?

live free or live dead?

live free or don't?

live free..cuz.

live free or...whatever.

:-\Kola  

error

I know not what course others may take, but as for me...

shyfrog

Braddogg

I mean, I get the romantic notions here, but do you mean it?  Are we free?  Do we have liberty?

error

Quote from: Braddogg on October 07, 2007, 10:50 PM NHFT
I mean, I get the romantic notions here, but do you mean it?  Are we free?  Do we have liberty?

Have you run away from the plantation yet?

Braddogg

Quote from: error on October 07, 2007, 10:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: Braddogg on October 07, 2007, 10:50 PM NHFT

Have you run away from the plantation yet?

I don't get it . . . .

error

How much of your life do you allow the government to run? How much of your money do you allow them to take from you?

Braddogg

Quote from: error on October 07, 2007, 10:55 PM NHFT
How much of your life do you allow the government to run? How much of your money do you allow them to take from you?

I think you're changing the topic.  My question was, Are you free?  Do you have liberty?

error

Actually, it's exactly the same topic, and the same question, slightly rephrased.

shyfrog

Liberty is not an end, it is a means.
Liberty requires CONSTANT fighting and struggle against that which (and those who) wish to strip it from us bit by bit.
The moment we become complacent in our situations, whatever they may be, we lose a little bit more of that liberty.

There are times to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor. There are times to gather with friends and celebrate life and all the good things we strive for. But there is a blackness that surrounds every waking (and sleeping) moment, looking for ways to seep in and dismantle the foundations of liberty.

I prefer to live as a free man, struggling to keep that freedom, than to settle into a "comfortable" position of servitude to the state.

Braddogg

Quote from: error on October 07, 2007, 10:58 PM NHFT
Actually, it's exactly the same topic, and the same question, slightly rephrased.

So if I stopped paying taxes, I'd be free?

Braddogg

I think you're right, Lou, but that's not "give me liberty or give me death."  It's "Give me liberty, or I'll fight for more."  It's "Live free or try," not "Live free or die."

shyfrog

Quote from: Braddogg on October 07, 2007, 11:04 PM NHFT
I think you're right, Lou, but that's not "give me liberty or give me death."  It's "Give me liberty, or I'll fight for more."  It's "Live free or try," not "Live free or die."

No...it is Live Free or Die
Because in the end, I'll die, if it comes to that, in order to ensure that freedom for generations to come.
The wars being fought currently are not worthy of that death.
If (when) it comes here. Then it will be.

Call it romantic. It is what it is. You got kids? Didn't think so.