• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Car insurance

Started by Rochelle, March 01, 2006, 07:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Thespis

Insurance is just a good idea.

Just because you've never caused an accident yet, doesn't mean you never will. Things happen, accidents happen. Yeah, you might not like paying for it, but when something does happen (and it will if you drive long enough) you'll be very thankful that you've got it.

Don't do it because of the law, do it because it makes good sense.

KBCraig

>:(

It was 82F here two days ago.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thespis

Kat Kanning

Not a flake here.

Yeah, my mom was complaining she was hot in TX.

ravelkinbow

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: KBCraig on March 03, 2006, 12:47 PM NHFT

>:(

It was 82F here two days ago.

Yeah, it got to be 80 here and that is only 2 away from the record.  I turned off the heat but after a couple days it was too much and I had to turn on the air  ;D

KBCraig

Kat Kanning

Rochelle

QuoteJust because you've never caused an accident yet, doesn't mean you never will. Things happen, accidents happen. Yeah, you might not like paying for it, but when something does happen (and it will if you drive long enough) you'll be very thankful that you've got it.
Well, I could always say that my mom has been driving for...erm, a really long time and has yet to cause a car accident.
Same with my dad. They've both been in them, but never caused them.

Think they take genetic history into account? ;)

QuoteI bought insurance here and never was asked about liquid assets.
Probably because you guys bought insurance :) Maybe if you don't, they ask you about it when you go to register your vehicle.

Btw, are the inspections tough to pass, or do the mechanics not care? (One thing in Kansas that is actually better than NH: no car inspections!)

ravelkinbow

They don't ask when you register your car, and yes the inspections can be tough they look for rust as well as mechanics.

Caleb

But its pretty easy to pass inspection if you just let your mom and dad register it for you in Kansas.

On the "too hot in Texas" conversation, my heart's breaking for you.  It really is.

Kat Kanning

I'll pass along your words of sympathy.

Rochelle

QuoteBut its pretty easy to pass inspection if you just let your mom and dad register it for you in Kansas.
Erm, no, I'm more or less looking forward to having a New Hampshire license plate and not having to pay kansas car taxes anymore.

Dave Ridley

state farm charges 210 a year for a car that is worth about 4K I believe...and since its just liability coverage the price probably doesn't go up that much just because the car does.

Call their offices in peterborough, if you like, they seem to be ok over there.   this appears to be the lowest or near the lowest rate you will find I suspect for a car of that price.

btw how are they going to know you have 20K?

KBCraig

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 06, 2006, 07:36 PM NHFT
state farm charges 210 a year for a car that is worth about 4K I believe...and since its just liability coverage the price probably doesn't go up that much just because the car does.

Liability is usually calculated by combination of car and driver. A 17 year old man with a muscle car will have higher liability than a 60 year old woman with a subcompact.

Kevin