• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Something is going on at Error's apartment!

Started by Recumbent ReCycler, October 05, 2007, 01:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: error on October 08, 2007, 10:25 PM NHFT
Unusual means cars with out of state plates which don't belong in the neighborhood cruising back and forth.

Massholes? This three-day weekend is when all the tourists come up to go sightseeing, for the fall foliage in particular. Mark Warden and I went up north this afternoon and the tourist towns (Conway, Franconia Notch, &c.) are full of Massachusetts plates, with a smattering of Rhode Island and other states.

error

We don't generally get lost tourists around here. Or lost anybody...

FTL_Ian

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 08, 2007, 09:47 AM NHFT
Several people, even reporters, have indicated a concern that I, too, am in danger of abduction by Washington.  This based partly on the fact that Treasury Department agents asked for me by name when they came to Porcupine Manor while I was gone.   The other concern has to do with the fact that I have been quoted so frequently in media articles about the Browns, as well as the fact that Federal operatives have singled out independent media guys like Riley and Melton.   

As a member of the media, you are in as much danger as myself or Gardner.  That is to say, I think the likelihood of your arrest/abduction is very small.  As we know well in Keene and as they are learning in Manchester, being the media is a critical aspect of achieving popular acceptance for the ideas of liberty.  Our role is to shine light on the violence of the state.  In doing so we will attract attention both positive and negative.  Because we control the message, we will attract more positive than negative, which will serve as an inherent protection from state attack.

There is still a risk, in which case I'm glad you're thinking about the things that you will do in the case of being kidnapped by the government people.

Quotemy plan is to initiate a liquid-free fasting regimen.   Call it a hyperfast.

This sounds very dangerous.  You are far more valuable alive than dead in some government jail; I beg you to reconsider.

Whatever you decide to do, you may want to consider giving login information to a trusted compatriot for the youtube Ridley Report account, so others can post videos there about your arrest/abduction, should it happen.

supperman15

especially this time of night.  all the ones i have seen have seem quite preoccupied with other things then the street, and i haven't seen any familure faces.

Checkpoint

Quotemy plan is to initiate a liquid-free fasting regimen.   Call it a hyperfast.

This sounds very dangerous. You are far more valuable alive than dead in some government jail; I beg you to reconsider.

At the very least, please reconsider a food fast as opposed to a liquid fast. With a liquid fast, there just wont be enough time for folks to organize and spread the word far enough for there to be a critical mass response. There's too much inertia in the system.

As you indicated, you wouldn't last much more than a week on a liquid fast but a food fast would provide anywhere between 30 and 50 days for concerned individuals to get the word out and organize effectively.

Robert Schulz, chairman of the We The People Foundation, used this form of protest quite effectively in 2001 regarding the legality of the federal income tax.  He fasted for 29 days in Washington D.C., if I remember correctly, before a  Congressional representative agreed to setup a meeting with the DOJ and IRS to discuss issues surrounding the legality of the income tax. Even though the federal agencies eventually pulled out of the agreement to attend a hearing, the hunger fast itself was quite effective at drawing attention to the issue.

For a protest of this type to work however, a critical mass of people need time to hear about and absorb the implications of the issue at hand. A week just isn't long enough for that to happen.   

dan_sayers

Three minutes without oxygen, three days without water, three weeks without food. Not entirely accurate, but an easy way to remember.

Checkpoint

Quotehow on earth can a lawyer help stop the fed thugs? some of the poor guys in gitmo have highfalootin lawyers

A lawyer by him/herself can't. Nonetheless, lawyers are one of many resources that can be brought to bear in assisting with raising the stakes for any particular fed thug - just like video cameras, audio recording devices, signs, the media, the internet, protest marches, demonstrations, etc. An attorney can provide expert assistance (depending on the attorney since not all are created equal) on one particular battlefield and as such shouldn't be overlooked.

While it's definitely not right, the fact of the matter is, most enforcers will treat an individual better and be less likely to engage in overt illegal action if they think that individual knows their rights AND has the ability/willingness to hold them accountable in a court of law. That normally means the involvement of an attorney at some level. The effect is similar to the effect many folks who videotape or record enforcers experience. When an enforcer knows a record is being made of their actions, they (usually) behave better than they would otherwise.

Attorney's certainly aren't the end all but understanding their utility as a mitigating force in any encounter with fed thugs can make a big difference in the outcome of any particular encounter.

d_goddard

I found The Bill of Rights - A User's Guide to be very useful. It describes various court cases that have fortified, or eroded, each of the rights laid out in the first 10 amendments to the US constitution.

In many cases, peaceful demonstrators were able to curtail the efforts of police and legislation by bringing their cases to court. If I recall correctly, in none of those cases did the affronted citizens attempt to represent themselves.

Dave Ridley

I crashed overnight here in keene so am not at 412...not sure if anything unusual is going on.

Dave Ridley

PM I just sent to margot at the Monitor...in response to a message she sent.

----

Hmm...i think i just sent you an reply but am not sure it took

anyway, I was saying i'd be honored if you'd like to do a story about the Report.  I shoot stories maybe five days a week.   I shot three yesterday but that's abnormal.

also I do want to make sure you understand my position regarding Rob and the Browns.   I consider myself an opponent of hurting them....not a supporter.   Kind of like the early iraq war dissidents were against bombing Saddam, but didn't support him.  I used to consider myself a Brown supporter. But that changed in roughly June 07, when I determined that there was overwhelming  directevidence he had made threats of I type I could never justify.  That turned me into an opponent of hurting the Browns, rather than a supporter.   Maybe it is a subtle difference to some, but I considered it an important distinction and posted a message about it on the main thread around July.  I also included a note to Ed, for what little it was worth, urging he rescind the threats.   

Anyway, to hurt or jail people, even questionable people, Washington under its current funding mechanisms must raid the wallets of innocents, partially enslaving them, and that is never right.

I feel roughly the same way about Rob, opponent of caging him rather than a supporter of him.  Though he seems to be a decent guy once you subtract the internet blowhard stuff.  I am using what influence I have with him to make him a believer in nonviolence.   I don't know any better way to do that than to do nonviolent stuff which proves effective and hopefully puts threat makers on both sides to shame.

J’raxis 270145

I suppose it depends on how you approach it. If you were to sue claiming a civil rights violation and try to get a big monetary settlement for yourself out of the feds, I can see how that could be viewed as someone playing the victim. But if you approach this as trying to use the NHCLU to rein in the feds to make sure they don't do this to someone else, to teach them a lesson, I think it would be a good idea.

And perhaps if you do seek a monetary settlement, you could donate a chunk of it for the various freestate projects going on: the Ron Paul campaign, Dave's video work, Lloyd's scholarship fund he's always pestering us about ;), and so on.

ArcRiley

The bosses of these federal agents are going to give them a loose leash until a lawsuit is launched in response to their activities.

IANAL, but it seems like your (and others) civil liberties were violated, and the NHCLU is the best organization to tackle that issue.

If there are no repercussions to their actions they'll continue harassing others.  Working with the NHCLU is not playing victim, it's making a stand for freedom.

JustUs

Quote from: enloopious on October 06, 2007, 04:44 PM NHFT
Ok, there are several things that don't make sense to me.
Why is the Treasury Department looking for, what can only be called, Thought Criminals?
What was the FULL reason, or the suspected hidden reason, for the Treasury being there?

BATF[&Ex] is in Treasury - they are "Treasury Agents." They cover illegal firearms and explosives. Presume their involvement was to do a firearms bust. Remember BATF (Treasury Agents) were the ones who shot up the Branch Davidians (even though they had a warrant). When the Davidians out-gunned them, they called in FBI and the HRT goons, like Horiuchi.

error

I kind of figured it was the ATF, BATF or BATFE. They just keep adding letters to their acronym to make themselves feel more important.