• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Flood vicitim clean up this saturday

Started by lildog, April 25, 2007, 09:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

lildog

Merrimack is looking for help with a clean up in areas affected by the flooding.  There will be a clean up this Saturday (4/28).  Those able to help should meet up at the abandoned Shaws Plaza on DW Highway in Merrimack at 9 AM.  In some cases homes had their entire 1st floors under water so they need to have the dry wall stripped and all insulation removed before the mold sets in.  If you can show up and bring tools like hammers, crowbars, wheelbarrows etc every bit helps.  They are also collecting donations for those who can't help out physically but at this point labor is needed more then money since once the mold sets in (and it already has started) it's going to become a health risk.

Some of these homes were hit hard just 11 months ago with bad flooding.  In one case the people had to knock down their house and they had just moved back in a month ago only to have the new house flooded just as bad as last time.

Since this is getting a lot of local press coverage and you'll have a chance to meet with a lot of people I think this would be a good chance for members of the free state project to show what they are all about in times like this and help prove that we don't need the government helping out because people are willing to do it for each other.

Lex

Quote from: lildog on April 25, 2007, 09:24 AM NHFT
In one case the people had to knock down their house and they had just moved back in a month ago only to have the new house flooded just as bad as last time.

Somehow I find it really hard to feel bad for them. I wonder if they plan on rebuilding a third time? ::)

I would pitch in if they were building a submarine.