• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

An Open Letter re: Jim C. Perry

Started by Friday, September 26, 2007, 10:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RangerProbst

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 17, 2007, 05:24 AM NHFT
but some of us do not determine our behavior by NH law
.... if Jim still owed me money ... would I want taxpayers to have to pay for his jailing?

I didn't say you have to determine your behavior based on NH law. The option is there if you want to take that route.

If none of your income goes to the state, I can see why having him jailed would present you with a moral dilema. If, on the other hand, you do pay taxes to the state, that option is always opened to you.

CNHT

RangerProbst

Kat Kanning

What's it to you?  Has JP done something to you?

RangerProbst

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 18, 2007, 08:04 AM NHFT
What's it to you?  Has JP done something to you?

It's not my call. I didn't say it was. I'm merely offering my input like everyone else on these forums.

YeahItsMeJP

Quote from: Rearden on November 16, 2007, 01:37 AM NHFT
(Sigh)

Dammit, Jim.  Your personal decisions continue to exact a toll on all around you, and all who take you at your word.  This is perhaps your greatest error to date, with the most dire consequences.  Your flakiness is being used against a good, honest, and admirable man.   

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2007/11/jews-for-ron-paul-exposed-as-fraud-jim.html

It's unfortunate this happened and I am sorry it did. I didn't realize having an interest in theology was such a bad thing or exploring it was such a "great error." I have a Jewish mother and had a Christian father, by Jewish law this automatically makes me Jewish whether I'm observant or not, but I was raised primarily Christian, except for the one weekend a month I spent at my maternal grandparents house - which could only confuse those outside my family even more as my grandmother was Jewish though my grandfather was Unitarian.

I spent most of my teenage years going to a UU church in Billerica and explored Paganism a great deal as well as Eastern philosophy. I was 16 when I ordained myself on the silly but completely legal Universal Life Church website and decided to but Pagan Minister as my occupation on my yahoo profile at the time (Which if you notice, hasn't been logged into since 2001 and I don't even remember the password it was so long ago.)

Let's see... I very seriously considered going to UU seminary up until about a year and a half ago when I decided I wanted to explore my Jewish religious heritage a bit and discovered something that I finally liked enough to stick to (so much so that I even did a do-over on the ever painful brit milah to make sure it was done according to Jewish law). Sure, none of this excuses my admitted flakiness, but I have been observant with increasing enthusiasm for over a year now. Not that Sultan Knish has any right to demand I prove my religious observance since a Jew is a Jew is a Jew, but if anyone cares enough to call him, you can PM me for contact information to ask my Rabbi just what *he* thinks of all this.

And as for CNHT, my apologies, I will get what I owe you in the mail tomorrow, you'll hopefully have it by Wednesday.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: RangerProbst on November 18, 2007, 01:32 AM NHFT
I didn't say you have to determine your behavior based on NH law. The option is there if you want to take that route.

If none of your income goes to the state, I can see why having him jailed would present you with a moral dilema. If, on the other hand, you do pay taxes to the state, that option is always opened to you.
the whole base that the government rests on is:
we will punish bad people for you

I do not want to be part of it. JP's situation seems like an obvious time when government force would not make sense.

sultan knish

Quote from: J.P. on November 19, 2007, 01:25 AM NHFT
It's unfortunate this happened and I am sorry it did. I didn't realize having an interest in theology was such a bad thing or exploring it was such a "great error."

Let's see... I very seriously considered going to UU seminary up until about a year and a half ago when I decided I wanted to explore my Jewish religious heritage a bit and discovered something that I finally liked enough to stick to (so much so that I even did a do-over on the ever painful brit milah to make sure it was done according to Jewish law). Sure, none of this excuses my admitted flakiness, but I have been observant with increasing enthusiasm for over a year now. Not that Sultan Knish has any right to demand I prove my religious observance since a Jew is a Jew is a Jew, but if anyone cares enough to call him, you can PM me for contact information to ask my Rabbi just what *he* thinks of all this.

Sorry Jim but no. You're not just claiming to be a Jew, in the JTA piece you claimed to be a fully Orthodox Jew. You're actually a gay man and you were describing yourself as a Unitarian as recently as a few months ago. You've also got Pagan posts from much more recently than 2001.

So again you're lying and you've been lying all along. If you had stuck to just claiming to be Jewish, you might have walked, but you made the mistake of trying to for maximum authenticity by claiming to be an Orthodox Jew, something you're not.

You have the right to be Gay and a Unitarian, but when you also cynically claim to be an Orthodox Jew for the purpose of creating and running a political Jewish group and give interviews under false pretenses, you're just a fraud.

I notice your name is now gone from the Jews for Ron Paul site. I imagine they want to disassociate themselves from you. It's time you apologized for the deception and ended the fraud.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 19, 2007, 10:34 AM NHFT
Quote from: RangerProbst on November 18, 2007, 01:32 AM NHFT

the whole base that the government rests on is:
we will punish bad people for you

I do not want to be part of it. JP's situation seems like an obvious time when government force would not make sense.

Indeed—after this craziness, let's not make another situation worse by involving the government...

Tom Sawyer

Jeremy you have been on the forum less than six months... why do you feel the need to weigh in on incidents that predate your knowledge.

You are an intelligent and well read fellow, but as was the case in my life, wisdom takes time.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 19, 2007, 12:37 PM NHFT
Jeremy you have been on the forum less than six months... why do you feel the need to weigh in on incidents that predate your knowledge.

You are an intelligent and well read fellow, but as was the case in my life, wisdom takes time.

The situation I linked to serves as a good cautionary example of why not to involve the State in personal disputes: It's a nice way to lose control of a situation and limit your options going forward. Is that something that you disagree with?

I was essentially reiterating Russell's opinion, whom I assume has been on the forum for even longer than yourself... considering he and his wife started the forum. Is there a reason why you take issue with what I said, but not what he said?

Tom Sawyer

Yes Jeremy I've seen you weigh in as the moderator on both these situations. You are not familiar with the particulars in either case.

I didn't take Russell to task because he has the knowledge. The only reason I mention the amount of time you've been on the forum is to illustrate that many of the events linked to in both these situations are prior to your knowledge.

Don't mean to be harsh, just being direct.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 19, 2007, 04:03 PM NHFT
Yes Jeremy I've seen you weigh in as the moderator on both these situations. You are not familiar with the particulars in either case.

I didn't take Russell to task because he has the knowledge. The only reason I mention the amount of time you've been on the forum is to illustrate that many of the events linked to in both these situations are prior to your knowledge.

I do not know all the details behind the J.P. situation besides what was posted here; that's true. But I think as someone who mistrusts the State in general, and knows what happens when you involve it in affairs that could be settled without its involvement, I can certainly say without hesitation that getting the State involved is a bad idea.

As for the other situation, I've been trying to "moderate" that since it first blew up on the forum a few weeks ago. If there are any details that I'm not privy to, and I know there are, it's because I intentionally stepped out of the situation after it went downhill. I asked Natalie if she could do anything to help Rob out, because he had turned to her back during the U.S. Marshals raid, and I thought she'd be able to better handle it than I. I only know a little about what's going on between her and Ivy now, but it looks like my initial assessment of Rob—that the whole thing was a misunderstanding—is turning out to be correct. Notate that I am not trying to gloat that I was "right all along" or somesuch: So far I've been wrong at least twice on aspects of the situation, and I'm sure something will change again at some point—but I'd rather be proven wrong while trying to maintain an open mind about it, than be proven wrong after condemning one party over the other prematurely, like some people have been so quick to do.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 19, 2007, 05:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 19, 2007, 04:03 PM NHFT

I do not know all the details behind the J.P. situation besides what was posted here; that's true. But I think as someone who mistrusts the State in general, and knows what happens when you involve it in affairs that could be settled without its involvement, I can certainly say without hesitation that getting the State involved is a bad idea.

As for the other situation, I've been trying to "moderate" that since it first blew up on the forum a few weeks ago. If there are any details that I'm not privy to, and I know there are, it's because I intentionally stepped out of the situation after it went downhill. I asked Natalie if she could do anything to help Rob out, because he had turned to her back during the U.S. Marshals raid, and I thought she'd be able to better handle it than I. I only know a little about what's going on between her and Ivy now, but it looks like my initial assessment of Rob—that the whole thing was a misunderstanding—is turning out to be correct. Notate that I am not trying to gloat that I was "right all along" or somesuch: So far I've been wrong at least twice on aspects of the situation, and I'm sure something will change again at some point—but I'd rather be proven wrong while trying to maintain an open mind about it, than be proven wrong after condemning one party over the other prematurely, like some people have been so quick to do.

I'm trying to tell you that stuff that was going over on a year ago is pertinent to the Rob situation. OK. You don't have all the information, neither did Dada, yet you guys keep make posts acting like you do.

CNHT

Quote from: sultan knish on November 19, 2007, 10:46 AM NHFT

Sorry Jim but no. You're not just claiming to be a Jew, in the JTA piece you claimed to be a fully Orthodox Jew. You're actually a gay man and you were describing yourself as a Unitarian as recently as a few months ago. You've also got Pagan posts from much more recently than 2001.

So again you're lying and you've been lying all along. If you had stuck to just claiming to be Jewish, you might have walked, but you made the mistake of trying to for maximum authenticity by claiming to be an Orthodox Jew, something you're not.

You have the right to be Gay and a Unitarian, but when you also cynically claim to be an Orthodox Jew for the purpose of creating and running a political Jewish group and give interviews under false pretenses, you're just a fraud.

I notice your name is now gone from the Jews for Ron Paul site. I imagine they want to disassociate themselves from you. It's time you apologized for the deception and ended the fraud.

Well well, the quisling himself decides to show his face.

I know Jim and I can vouch for the fact that his MOTHER is Jewish thus it makes him Jewish. Is there some other litmus test to being Jewish I don't know about? What about the others in the group? Does this mean they can't discuss other religions which they may or may not be a part of? Since when is 'Pagan' a religion?

It's a study of a culture not a recognized religion so how could he BE one?

Go away moron. You don't care about JP, you're just trying to smear a candidate.

There are plenty of other 'Jews for Ron Paul' that are not in organized groups.