• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: error on December 23, 2008, 07:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 22, 2008, 07:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 22, 2008, 06:38 PM NHFT
I walked 17 miles today, and am now 12 miles from Murphy's.  My plan is to follow error's route, and time it such that I'll step into the Taproom at exactly 4pm.  So if you want to see me arrive there, don't be late. ;)

Radical and Stuff will be walking with me starting around 1pm.  Anyone else want to walk?  I heard Taxinator might want to join us...
Here's the route for tomorrow, revised slightly from error's.
map

error, was there a reason you had the route going north of Glen Lake at Goffstown?

It was like that when I found it. Was definitely not intentional on my part.
Actually the bridge was out when I went through there a week or two ago and you didn't have any choice but to walk around.

Brooke has shirts that everyone walking can wear over their jacket that look something like this front and back. These are shirts that you can buy, with the printing just on the front.

Porcupine Realtor

Latest fashion trend in NH:  The WFL tee shirt, personally autographed by Will Buchanan.  This is the hottest collectible since Ron Paul criss-crossed the Granite State visiting his supporters.  I'll sell my signed shirt (still unwashed) for  $150, but you can get one yourself for $20 -- if you can catch Will and Brooke before they reach the coast.

Fluff and Stuff

Wow, the strangest thing but compared to you and with all those clothes on, Will doesn't look thin in that picture.  Anywho, the back of Mark's shirt also looks great (because Will signed it too).

Quote from: Taxinator on December 24, 2008, 08:43 PM NHFT
I'll sell my signed shirt (still unwashed) for $150, but you can get one yourself for $20 -- if you can catch Will and Brooke before they reach the coast.
However, the shirts were washed in cold water to keep them from running. See previous  photo.

What happens when they reach the coast? Try walking to Europe?

Organjic

Porcupine_in_MA

Will and I chatted for awhile, very nice fellow. It was great to meet him 8)

Organjic

Walk For Liberty

I'm planning to walk some on Sunday Dec 28.  I'll be starting from Murphy's as I haven't walked since Tuesday.

I'm tentatively planning to end the walk at the coast on Dec 31.

Walk For Liberty

Ok, here's the plan. :)  I have about 40 miles to go from Murphy's Taproom (where I last left off) to the coast.  There are 4 days between now and the end of the year.  So, employing some highly complicated, sophisticated math, I have determined that I'll walk approximately 10 miles a day for the next 4 days, finishing on New Year's Eve.

I encourage anyone who wants the chance to walk part of the Walk For Liberty to join us while it's still going on.  Time is running out!

Here is the approximate route: map

Since that may chance, and since I don't necessarily know ahead of time what time of day I'll be walkking, the best way to meet up with us if you want to walk though, is to contact me on my cell phone, the number for which you can find in the last post at the bottom of page 25 of this thread.  I'm also flexible with times of day if you want to walk and there is a time which is better for you.  Again, call me. :)

Almost there!

Friday

Will, you linked back to this thread!  Please post your cell number again.  Do you know what time you'll be leaving Murphy's today?

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Friday on December 28, 2008, 08:33 AM NHFT
Will, you linked back to this thread!  Please post your cell number again.  Do you know what time you'll be leaving Murphy's today?
Yes, I linked back to the post where I put it :).  Ok here it is again--603x852x5589.

We're leaving in a few minutes, and it will take about 36 minutes to drive to Murphy's.  Do you want to join us?

Friday

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 28, 2008, 08:39 AM NHFT
Yes, I linked back to the post where I put it :).  Ok here it is again--603x852x5589.
OK, I am dum.   :icon_joker:

We're leaving in a few minutes, and it will take about 36 minutes to drive to Murphy's.  Do you want to join us?
I can't get to Murphy's within the next hour; I haven't even made it through my first cup of coffee yet.   :coffee:  Maybe I'll check your route and catch up with you later in the day.

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Friday on December 28, 2008, 08:47 AM NHFT
Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 28, 2008, 08:39 AM NHFT
OK, I am dum.   :icon_joker:

I can't get to Murphy's within the next hour; I haven't even made it through my first cup of coffee yet.   :coffee:  Maybe I'll check your route and catch up with you later in the day.
Hope to see you!

Fluff and Stuff

Oh, this is exciting news.  I get to Walk with Will on Monday and then he is going to walk to my place on New Year's Eve.