• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Miami Beach tries to ban private parties

Started by burnthebeautiful, January 19, 2007, 07:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Quote from: raineyrocks on January 22, 2007, 07:41 AM NHFT
Does anyone know if we would need passports to come and go to Canada?

Not yet, not by land anyway, but you will by 2008 or 2009, depending on when the government manages to get its act together.

Raineyrocks

Thanks Error and Dreepa!

Have you ever been to Canada?  That's probraly where I should go whale watching, right?

Lloyd Danforth

I'm not sure where the best whale watching is, bu, they do it off of Cape Cod.

error

I would imagine the best whale watching would be in the middle of the ocean.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 22, 2007, 08:10 AM NHFT
I'm not sure where the best whale watching is, bu, they do it off of Cape Cod.

Yeah I think my cousin told me that, I'll have to give her a call, thanks!  I remember hearing Nova Scotia was a good place too and I think there's a ferry that goes there from Maine. I'm just trying to find the cheapest way.

Quote from: error on January 22, 2007, 08:13 AM NHFT
I would imagine the best whale watching would be in the middle of the ocean.

Error, I hate to say this but, no duh! :)  I'd rather not go way out, I'm afraid of boats sinking with me on them of course.  I want to kind of stay as close to shore as I can if that's possible, I don't know.  We used to have a nice boat back when we could afford that stuff and we would go out about a mile in Florida waters and I saw Sea Tortoises, real cool!

eques

I would tend to think that the closer you can get to whale migration routes, the more luck you'd have in seeing a whale.

As for crossing the Canadian border, it used to be that a driver's license was sufficient to enter Canada, but they gave you a hard time getting back in if you didn't have a birth certificate or passport.

Nowadays, expect to be delayed considerably at the border unless you have your "papers" (and even then, your car may be searched, you'll most likely have to wait in line, etc.).  At least, this has been my experience as recent as 2004, and I don't imagine it's improved.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: eques on January 22, 2007, 08:41 AM NHFT
I would tend to think that the closer you can get to whale migration routes, the more luck you'd have in seeing a whale.

As for crossing the Canadian border, it used to be that a driver's license was sufficient to enter Canada, but they gave you a hard time getting back in if you didn't have a birth certificate or passport.

Nowadays, expect to be delayed considerably at the border unless you have your "papers" (and even then, your car may be searched, you'll most likely have to wait in line, etc.).  At least, this has been my experience as recent as 2004, and I don't imagine it's improved.

Thanks this is good to know.  Did you like it when you went?  I'm wondering if taking the ferry over to Nova Scotia would be easier, what do you think?  Are the roads easy to get around on in Canada? Thanks! :)

Lloyd Danforth

There is probably less border crap taking the ferry.  That area of Canada is beautiful!

eques

Ah, I've only ever driven my car across the border, so I can't vouch for the ferry.  :)

My mother was born in Canada and lived for a while when she was a child in Nova Scotia, I think.  I should like to visit there someday.  :)

The roads in Canada are actually decent, to my best recollection.  I think they put down some kind of asphalt mixed with recycled milk jugs to give it more elasticity, but that might just be from one of my Canuck roommates from college trying to pull one over on me.  ;)  I don't really know about traveling between cities so much as I've only ever really gone to Toronto and Montreal (though I was on a choir tour in the Sarnia/London area in college).

I did like being in Canada when I went.  Of course, every time was to visit family or friends, and it was usually summer when the weather was beautiful.

Rosie the Riveter

The Bay of Fundy is rumored to have the best whale watching in the world http://bayoffundytourism.com/

Lloyd Danforth

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on January 22, 2007, 09:14 AM NHFT
The Bay of Fundy is rumored to have the best whale watching in the world http://bayoffundytourism.com/

You are terrific and have made my day! I'm checking this out and am going to get there somehow! ;D

aworldnervelink

I lived in New Brunswick for a bit and the roads were just fine. I've been from Windsor to Moncton and the main highways are very good.

Lloyd Danforth

You've seen the Bore there then

http://www.britannica.com/ebi/article-205423