• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

DDR at Porc Fest?

Started by sandm000, February 04, 2008, 12:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

sandm000

I was thinking more like drinking, jumping on a dance pad, and crashing headfirst into the screen type fail, not simply losing because you don't play as well.

Beth221

well i will be in, i am for making fun of my dancing skills!

dalebert

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on February 08, 2008, 09:54 PM NHFT
Thanx for inspiring this week's cartoon.

http://anarchyinyourhead.com/2008/02/09/ddr-at-porcfest/

;D 8) That should be on official Porc-Fest gear.

J’raxis 270145

Kat Kanning

Will there be t-shirts from that cartoon?

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 09, 2008, 09:06 AM NHFT
Will there be t-shirts from that cartoon?

I held off on putting them up in the store until Rich gets back to me about whether they want to use it for anything. I haven't heard from him yet. When I described the idea to him, he didn't seem to go for it. I'll wait and see if he changes his mind after seeing the cartoon. I've emailed him about it.

One way or another, the answer is "yes".

UPDATE: I'll probably take out the "DDR at Porcfest 2008" at the top of it. Keep it clean and timeless. Thoughts?

Kat Kanning

Pat K

If you go timeless, you might want to add the
line= Porcs were dancing during our revolution.  ;D

Or something like that.

sandm000

Rich is in talks with the lodge to get us the game room.

I still need a TV, 27" or larger is probably best, I've got a 19" screen I can bring, but it will be hard to have two people side by side trying to see that screen.

And a card table would probably work for a TV stand, but I need one of these as well.

Any help on this?

/Dale is there anyway you can rehost the image elsewhere? Your server is down.

dalebert

Quote from: sandm000 on February 11, 2008, 08:28 AM NHFT

The entire site is about to be re-hosted on a better server any moment now according to Jeremy. All I can say is Praise the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that!

sandm000

I love it, but I don't think I can be objective about it.  You see, I love DDR and I'm very fond of the Porcupine and the FSP he reperesents.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on February 11, 2008, 04:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: sandm000 on February 11, 2008, 08:28 AM NHFT

The entire site is about to be re-hosted on a better server any moment now according to Jeremy. All I can say is Praise the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that!

[Just saw this comment now.]

This is all fixed as of a couple days ago. You should notice Dale's and my own avatars and sig images on this site load a lot faster too, now.

sandm000

The Rules (as they stand currently)
Setup
2 Cobalt Flux Dance Pads hooked to PS2 with DDR Max 2 (Currently No Television has been procured) The dance competition will be a Single Elimination Perfect Attack competition.

You can send an email to sandm000@aol.com and preregister (I will send a confirmation email to you) or sign up when you arrive or on the day of competition (Currently Sat at 1pm) If you choose to sign up under stage name or dance moniker, please also inform us of how it is pronounced.

Qualification
First Round of play determines seeding.  All registered competitors will play the same song on the same difficulty level.  The song will be chosen randomly from the 7 foot heavy songs on the day of the competition.  Seeding will be determined by the players score on the 1 song in the qualifying round.  Because of the nature of single-elimination competitions only 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or some other power of 2 number of competitors can be accepted into the second round of play. The players will be ranked from highest to lowest point total.

Tournament
Second and subsequent rounds of play will be single elimination,
The three songs to be played will be:
1st song is the lower # seeds choice (including difficulty)
2nd song is the higher # seeds choice (including difficulty)
3rd song is chosen via random at a difficulty level agreed upon by both players
Points will be tallied and the player with the lower score is the loser.  The winner then advances to the next round until only 1 player is declared the winner.

Modifications can be used if both players agree on the modifications to be used.

Time between songs will be limited to 60 seconds. Although both players may waive the time if it is so desired.

Scoring
Point total (score) after 3 songs will be used to determine the winner, if a tie should be found in point total, higher # of perfect steps will break the tie, and again if a tie exists, compare great, then good, then OK, if a tie should still exist the lower # of boo steps will determine the winner, if a tie should still exist the lower number of miss steps will determine the winner, if a tie should still exist the two players will face a song of the judge's choice.  If a tie should still exist we will proceed to sudden death section.

Sudden Death
In order to torture PA players, the sudden death round will consist of Maxx Unlimited 3x in a row with no breaks.  Lowest Score loses, should a tie continue to exist, the process is repeated until a winner can be declared.

Prizes
Currently no prizes have been announced, but we're working on it.

Judge
I, Brian, will act as a judge, my word will be final, and if there are 2n-1 competitors I will sacrifice myself in the first round.

dalebert

I finally got around to making the dancing porcupine available in the AIYH store. Instead of "DDR at Porcfest 2008", it just says "DDR at Porcfest" so this shirt will likely still make sense for several Porcfests into the future. :) There are several other items available besides clothes.

Click below to browse the choices.

http://www.cafepress.com/aiyh/5048694