• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

you thought you were free (well no you probably didn't)

Started by violence, July 02, 2009, 10:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

violence

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090702/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul

you don't own your body

QuoteSenate bill fines people refusing health coverage
WASHINGTON – Americans who refuse to buy affordable medical coverage could be hit with fines of more than $1,000 under a health care overhaul bill unveiled Thursday by key Senate Democrats looking to fulfill President Barack Obama's top domestic priority.

The Congressional Budget Office estimated the fines will raise around $36 billion over 10 years

MTPorcupine3

This can only help the FSP and the secessionist movement.

violence

i love how they use the word "affordable" what the fuck is wrong with these assholes? affordable is so subjective... i would use violence against this person's nut sack with my foot

AntonLee

I have health insurance.  I choose to participate through my employment.  If I didn't, there's no way I'd ever pay which would mean I would stop paying federal taxes.  Do the goons in government know they're creating criminals?

violence

Quote from: AntonLee on July 03, 2009, 04:52 AM NHFT
I have health insurance.  I choose to participate through my employment.  If I didn't, there's no way I'd ever pay which would mean I would stop paying federal taxes.  Do the goons in government know they're creating criminals?

yes, and you would instantly be a criminal and they'd probably catch you eventually. you would have to work side jobs for cash and you'd never make enough to have a good standard of living

Tom Sawyer

FreelanceFreedomFighter

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. You make so many things illegal that it is impossible to live without breaking laws. Do you really think the government wants those laws to be observed? They want them broken. Who wants a nation full of law abiding citizens?" - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

thinkliberty

Quote from: FreelanceFreedomFighter on July 03, 2009, 03:29 PM NHFT

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. You make so many things illegal that it is impossible to live without breaking laws. Do you really think the government wants those laws to be observed? They want them broken. Who wants a nation full of law abiding citizens?" - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

So true:
"The Congressional Budget Office estimated the fines will raise around $36 billion over 10 years"

violence

lol yeap, if they at any point they "this will raise" you know its a fraud. well, we already knew that... but an uninformed person should see this and throw an alarm in their head

KBCraig

Arkansas just switched their seatbelt law to a "primary offense" starting July 1, meaning they can pull you over for that without needing another reason for the stop.

Sheriffs are already bragging how much money they're bringing in thanks to that change in the law.

violence

been like that here for a long time. they use it to find other things they don't like.

we are not free, we do not own our own bodies

Ogre

QuoteI have health insurance.  I choose to participate through my employment.

Actually, in most cases, you do not choose to participate. Your employer is required by government to provide you with such insurance. Ask your employer if you can opt out and watch what happens.

In the meantime, I'm wondering how the cash that is raised by such "fines" will compare to the costs of incarcerating those who refuse to pay such fines.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Ogre on July 04, 2009, 08:01 AM NHFT

Actually, in most cases, you do not choose to participate. Your employer is required by government to provide you with such insurance. Ask your employer if you can opt out and watch what happens.

In the meantime, I'm wondering how the cash that is raised by such "fines" will compare to the costs of incarcerating those who refuse to pay such fines.

People won't refuse to pay fines. $36 billion is what we expect because people refuse to participate and those people will pay because they are law-abiding, cooperative citizens.

bigmike

Quote from: Pat McCotter on July 04, 2009, 08:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: Ogre on July 04, 2009, 08:01 AM NHFT

People won't refuse to pay fines. $36 billion is what we expect because people refuse to participate and those people will pay because they are law-abiding, cooperative citizens.

Or maybe because they're scared.

I wonder how this bill is going to be enforced? Health insurance checkpoints?

People that advocate this bill need to spend a little time at a VA hospital talking with patients and doctors to see if they really want to force that on themselves.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: bigmike on July 04, 2009, 10:54 AM NHFT

I wonder how this bill is going to be enforced? Health insurance checkpoints?

The same way auto insurance is in states that require it. The insurance company will report that your policy is no longer in effect. The reason I say this is that when I was at Mass General I heard a woman talking to a friend. She said that when she couldn't afford it she stopped paying. Shortly thereafter she received a letter from Mass authorities notifying her of forthcoming sanctions if she didn't correct this. (I do not know how they initially add you to the list. But the proposals right now include that the fines would be collected through the income tax system. This is how Mass does it.