• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Barskey visited by thugs

Started by Kat Kanning, September 24, 2010, 12:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Barskey visited by thugs from food protection.  He was told he couldn't sell food without a license.  Looked like he was still selling food :)

AntonLee

little do they know that he can, and will if he so chooses. 

Jim Johnson

It wasn't that he can't make and provide food for people, he can't accept the Kings coin for his service without paying a penalty to the King.

Dave Ridley

BJ

Are private clubs still held to the same laws? Just an idea...

MaineShark

Quote from: AntonLee on September 24, 2010, 12:37 PM NHFTlittle do they know that he can, and will if he so chooses.

Like the kid who was jawing at a campfire a neighbor had... "you can't set off fireworks without a permit."  Rather than explain to the kid that he's wrong about the law, one of the other guests just pulls out a firecracker, lights the fuse, and tosses it a few feet away on the ground.  It goes off.  In a deadpan voice, he says, "apparently, I can."

Joe

Mike Barskey

The state thug came before I was there this morning, stated we needed a license to sell food, tried to give a piece of paper to someone (no one accepted it), littered that piece of paper on my property, and left. Details will be posted to Free Grafton in the morning.

I can sell food without a license, I did sell food without a license, and I will continue to sell food without a license.

I will accept real money, but I also accept FRNs.

To my knowledge, no one got audio or video (except me and Talley in interviews long after the event happened - to be posted soon). I do carry 3 cameras (all capable of still and video and audio) on me at all times, so perhaps when they come back. :)

Actually, I am testing the waters with the private club thing. Not that government will follow or obey their own rules, but I think their rules say that they don't demand a license from you to sell food to private club members (I think this from chitchat - I've never done any research). Grafton Gulch is a private club. I only sell food to members.

Lloyd Danforth

Our local legal expert did the research and couldn't find a way around this using their own laws.
It appears that kitchens in private clubs are also inspected and licensing.
You could inquire at the Eagle Club in Canaan.

MengerFan

Consider only trading the food for real money, but also keeping real money on hand so that you will be able to step out back and exchange for FRNs if a prospective trader might so desire.

MaineShark

Can Barskey get elected as Grafton town health officer, and issue himself a license? :) :o

Joe

Pat K

Just watch out for the FARTS Mike, watch out for the FARTS.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: MaineShark on September 24, 2010, 10:17 PM NHFT
Can Barskey get elected as Grafton town health officer, and issue himself a license? :) :o

Joe
It's a state thing. Grafton already has the least egregious local Health Officer in the state. He thinks Barskey should be left alone.

MaineShark

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 25, 2010, 05:03 AM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on September 24, 2010, 10:17 PM NHFTCan Barskey get elected as Grafton town health officer, and issue himself a license? :) :o
It's a state thing. Grafton already has the least egregious local Health Officer in the state. He thinks Barskey should be left alone.

I'm assuming they are complaining about him violating RSA143, which contains a provision that says:

Quote143-A:5 Exemptions. – The following establishments and events shall be exempt from licensure under this chapter:
II. Food service establishments and retail food stores licensed by town health officers under RSA 147:1.

Joe

Lloyd Danforth

"II. The health officers of towns may make regulations relative to the sanitary and health conditions for issuing a license to restaurants or other food serving establishments operating within the town limits, subject to the approval of the commissioner of the department of health and human services."
I'll bet that no commissioner has ever given his approval. The present one would never do it in Grafton.

John

The woman (who's name is hard to read on the paper but someone should be able to figure out) who came there - and interupted the quiet enjoyment of my breakfast - seemed quite pleased with herself.
It was like maybe she was thinking, "Hey, today I get to be on the front line in the fight against Freedom. "Today, I'm the one who gets to bring these Freedom people under control."
"Today, I not only get to fill out more paperwork; Today, I even get to give out the piece of paper.
"Damn, my anti-Freedom friends will sure be proud of me."

Her paperwork says she is with a group called the FPS: the Food Protection Section.
To me the FPS represents the Fascist Police State.

I remember growing up and being told about the EVIL COUTRIES who HATED Freedom. You know - and remember - some of the names: Communist China, North Korea, Castro's Cuba, Hitler's Germany, the Soviet Union, and on and on.
I remember being told that THOSE GOVERNMENTS were so EVIL that THE GOVERNMENT HERE here had to take lots and lots of young people from here to go way way over to those places and BLOW LOTS OF STUFF UP and KILL LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE.
Lots and lots of the young people from here DIED as well.
Some were TORTURED.
Many, many of the young people from here came home CRIPPLED and MAIMED.

BUT, I ALSO REMEMBER THAT IT HAD TO HAPPEN. IT HAD TO HAPPEN SO THAT FUTURE GENERATIONS OF AMERCANS COULD LIVE IN FREEDOM ...
Well, never mind.
Things have changed.
Freedom isn't important anymore.