• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Marijuana legalization and Misc. Cannabis related stuff

Started by Free libertarian, January 16, 2011, 10:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

The New Hampshire medical marijuana bill made it out of committee with a 14-3 vote for it.     

As it winds it's way thru the digestive tract of bureaucracy I will keep you updated to see what kind of fertilizer results.    Keep the toilet paper handy. 

Free libertarian

John

We have a friend (here in Grafton County) who is being persecuted for (allegedly?) growing some plants.

Juries selection is coming up soon and while it is always good for jurors to be informed of their rights --- and responsibilities --- we know that this jury will need the information as well. I'm told that the judge in this case has already proved himself to be a lier and a dangerous gangster.

PLEASE HELP INFORM ALL JURORS!

PLEASE ALSO be prepared to THEIR TRIAL OF OUR FRIEND. Many of us from Grafton have (at various times) traveled the state to attend other trials. PLEASE come here and help us keep one of our friends out of the evil government's rotten prison system.

At the first FIJA Conference one speaker talked about why the evil government sends so many of it's THUGS IN UNIFORM to sit in on trials - They call it PACKING THE COURT ... The short story is BECAUSE IT WORKS ... He pointed out that THOSE SUPPORTING THE DEFENDANT SHOULD ALSO PACK THE COURT - BECAUSE IT WORKS.

OUR FRIEND IS LOOKING DOWN THE RECIVING END OF THE BARREL OF A GOVERNMENT GUN. They want his ass in PRISON FOR A BUNCH OF YEARS.

PLEASE HELP!

Tom Sawyer

Let us know when and where as soon as the info is available.

Free libertarian

^^^ Much appreciated.

The tea leaves are indicating a trial on April 11th.  It was  going to be April 5th, but one of the
arresting cops had  other important business that day I guess.

A more determinant date should be available on / about 3/29 .

Lloyd Danforth

John

I got talked into going to ... to support Rich last night, and I sang "On The Road to Freedom." I talked a tiny bit about this not being a free country, civil disobedience, a friend of ours who is facing prison-time for growing plants, jurors rights - and JURORS RESPONCIBLITY - asking folks to learn more and to let their friends and family know about juror info, and finished with mentioning NHjury.com and 1-800-TEL-JURY, all in about 5 min.

Not my best performance, but I was not even planning to preform at all.

Patrick

It's been my experience that trying to convince the average person that pot should be legalized is like trying to convince a fundamentalist Christian that Adam/Eve and Noah's Ark were legends and allegories. The "weed is evil" dogma has been too strongly inculcated into our collective mind to be easily dislodged.   Greater awareness (like some of the brilliant recent documentaries) will ultimately turn the tide.

Until a few decades ago, I bought into both the "gateway drug" and "addiction" arguments. After all, my entire community told me this was true and I had not yet developed deeper faculties of critical thought.  Thankfully, a college professor assigned me to right a paper supporting drug legalization....research led to a huge eye opener.

I tend to believe that social change is often affected using the most innocuous methods.  For better or worse, an episode of "Family Guy" featuring Brian the Dog defending legalization will win more hearts and minds than any protest, Web site or festival. It's not pretty but it's true. Also, quietly showing friends and neighbors that week users are mostly NOT Cheech and Chong...that they are mostly "regular folks" and are often more productive and higher functioning than the average beer drinker.   FULL DISCLOSURE: I am not a regular user. It's just not my cup of tea. I have a huge aversion to smoke of any kind but I will proudly stand up for your right to toke away.

Perhaps as more people are arrested (our friends and neighbors) the more people will realize the inanity of it all (assuming we can peel them away from their reality shows).

Enough random thoughts...thanks. 

Free libertarian

I always thought of Brian the Dog as more of a "booze hound"

Although I think we are closer than we have ever been to legalization since Dick Nixon and the controlled subtances act appeared in 1970 ish.  Thank you for changing your opinion and it's cool that liberty ideas found you. 

Patrick

Brian the Dog is apparently an equal-opportunity user. There was an episode in which he successfully lobbied for legalized weed in the fictional city of Quahog. Unfirtunately, Mayor Adam West (yes, the real Adam West), reversed the new law. The show, however, essentially sneaked in all the logical, reasonable arguments in favor of legalization.

MTPorcupine3

http://nhjury.com/montana-man-convicted-for-sharing-3-grams-of-marijuana-faces-life-50k-fine/

Missoula jury convicts man for sharing 3 grams of medical marijuana: Missoulian.

Quote[A]n eight-woman, four-man jury found Matthew Otto, 27, guilty of a single charge of criminal distribution of dangerous drugs – in this case, 3 grams (well under an ounce) of marijuana. Otto faces a maximum penalty of life in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Otto stood accused of sharing a bowl of his medical marijuana with two friends in a car traveling down Reserve Street, where the trio passed a Missoula County Sheriff's detective on his way home from work last November.

Both [Deputy Missoula County Attorney Andrew] Paul and [Public Defender Chris] Daly questioned potential jurors closely as to their experiences with and attitudes toward marijuana – medical and otherwise.

In other words, the jurors were subjected to an inquisition to eliminate thinkers. This is why The Fully Informed Jury Association and their work is so important, and why we inhabitants of New Hampshire must be vigilant in informing prospective jurors of their Right to vote their conscience... not to mention in our efforts to end the so-called War on Drugs.

John

When the TRADITIONAL ROLE of the juror --- as protector of the accused, and conscience of the comunity --- is taken away by the EVIL JUDGE in an authoritarian government, the TRIAL is nothing but a PIG CIRCUS.

Russell Kanning

ya ... you can't look to the government courts for justice

MaineShark

Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on April 01, 2011, 10:37 AM NHFT
Quote[A]n eight-woman, four-man jury found Matthew Otto, 27, guilty of a single charge of criminal distribution of dangerous drugs – in this case, 3 grams (well under an ounce) of marijuana. Otto faces a maximum penalty of life in prison and a $50,000 fine.

It's also worthwhile to point out that these ridiculous sentences are one of the biggest causes of violence by dealers and addicts in the "drug war."  The majority of drug users aren't actually likely to be violent, but for those who are, they can be pushed over that edge by this nonsense.  Even if one believes in this nonsense, no vaguely-sane individual could argue that a life sentence for such a small amount makes even a bit of sense.

Deterrence can work, but deterrence doesn't take someone and make him just avoid a particular behavior - it also makes him consider alternative behaviors.  If having a tiny amount of drugs can get you life in prison, and murder can also get you life in prison, some percentage of those who might be convicted of the former, will decide to kill witnesses and such - best case, they get free because no one testifies against them - worst case, they go to prison for life, which is what they were facing for the drugs.

The more they push - the more pressure the apply - the more some of those who are on the edge will crack...

Joe

Free libertarian

^^^ As many cops will confess in private...  Excessive alcohol makes the asshole in people more likely to come out.  They will also admit that excessive cannabis causes cookie shortages and eventually snoring, but no violent behavior.

At least three of the cops that arrested me have had a momentary feeling of guilt based on private conversations I've had with them. Not to be mean, but I think a couple of the other cops may not possess the mental acuity to get there as their "philosophy" relies heavily on rationalization rather than logic and facts.

An excellent book  destroying many other "cannabis is bad" myths is MARIJUANA IS SAFER by Steve Fox, Paul Armentano and Mason Tvert.

I understand that some people when pushed may resort to violence, but that is the business model of cops and informants, not me.   My biggest weapon is truth and advocating for peaceful self ownership.  Out of jail or in jail  I intend to continue to advocate for that.  In the end the substance becomes irrelevant.  Peaceful freedom is where it's at and that's where I'm at.  I will not be "corrected" by them to change my views either and that idea is what scares them.