• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

UN flag burn in Keene: What we've learned

Started by Dave Ridley, December 24, 2004, 02:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Maybe we can save one for John since he missed out on the first UN Flag burn. :)

jcpliberty

Quote from: John on December 29, 2004, 12:19 AM NHFT
Hi Jim,
Welcome.  Great price.  I'll be buying from you.  No Ma. tax on items delivered to N.H. correct?

BTW, how much for the blue U.N. rag?  Those damned things sure don't last very long.  Seems they are very prone to catching fire.   ;D

Hell, the one I sent to Keene was only used several times to clean the bottom of people's shoes - and the next thing you know - poof, its gone.

When I order my flags from the wearhouse, the come six minimum. So if I have six or more orders first, I'll get them.

Jim

John

LTE, Union Leader, 12/31

U.N. flag burn should have been on front page
To the Editors: "NH residents protset against U.N." published in the Dec. 19 edition of the New Hampshire Sunday News, should have been on the front page. Perhaps the next anti-U.N. flag burning and protest will be front page news if this grassroots ad hoc committe can muster throngs of followers to the Stae House in Concord.
. . . The time has arrived for all citizens regardless of political persuation to rally behind the Kanning-Dillon anti-United Nations protest in Keene and show the world U.S. taxpayers are about to pull the plug on the United Nations' poliies of betrayal once and for all.

GEORGE A. HUBBARD
Tamsworth

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

I really like your guys idea for burning various Federal bureaus flags or seals. :) You can get that sort of thing JP?

John

Quote from: katdillon on January 03, 2005, 07:29 AM NHFT
Cool!? Anyone know that guy?

I have have an outreach idea.

When we spot a LTE which is compatable with our ideas, we could send a letter to the person informing him/her of this site, and/or other sites that may be of interest to them.  JUST REMEMBER that NOT EVERYONE is on line!  Perhaps some other contact info is also important.

I actualy thought of this in regards to the FSP and plan to propose a slightly more detailed plan at the end of this week.

cathleeninnh

I did just that for a couple of years back in SC. I sent personal letters expressing my agreement with their concern and inviting them to call me or come to the next LP meeting. No one ever did. that was really discouraging. Probably one of the motivators to move so I guess something good came of it.

Cathleen

Kat Kanning

Here's a LTE that was in the Sentinel yesterday:

Misinformed people

To The Sentinel:

The Keene Sentinel ran a story Dec. 19 about objections to the United Nations. It reported on a symbolic U.N. flag-burning attended by 15 misinformed people.

The U.N. was founded in 1942 and the Charter signed in 1945 in San Francisco. But cooperation between states goes back to 1865, when the International Telecommunication Union was founded, and to the Universal Postal Union in 1874. There are 191 member states. These members are as diverse as the peoples of the world the U.N. represents. Its mission is a worldly statement somewhat akin to the U.S. Constitution.

Being established during World War II, the mission statement talks about saving people from the scourge of war. It goes on to emphasize that these 191 nations reaffirm fundamental human rights, respect justice and treaties, promote social progress, and stress the practice of tolerance and living together as neighbors.

This unique organization, the only one in existence, is a forum giving equal opportunity to all member states. It gives equal voice to nations like Nepal, Chad, Fiji, Ethiopia, Grenada, Lao People?s Democratic Republic, Madagascar, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Uganda and Vietnam. They sit in forum with giants like the United States, Russia, China and Great Britain ? a fabulous situation. The Gang of 15 is apparently oblivious to this unique relationship.

Are there organizational and management problems? Of course. These problems are no different from those that shook up U.S. corporations over the last several years. Or the ongoing grant issue at the Monadnock Regional School District. The oil-for-food snafu will be addressed and a solution found. The U.S. Congress and the U.N. are looking into it.

Over the years, the U.S. has held back its apportioned expenses. This has caused many operational problems. It has had an effect on how states like those mentioned above address the ?Bill of Rights? so well penned by the U.N. founding fathers.

The U.S. cap is 25 percent. Overall, the U.S. is low on the totem pole of budgeting to international programs. Many of the key leadership positions within the U.N. organization and in the field are filled by U.S. citizens.

In The Sentinel story, numerous people are said to have been opposed to spending tax dollars and taking away the rights of people to carry guns. How misinformed can they be? The U.N. has no controlling voice in the affairs of the United States or its members. (According to the dictionary, numerous means great numbers. Fifteen is a minority, thank goodness.)

David K. Ridley voiced objection to the gang of 15 about U.N. control of the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest. This has no basis in fact. Period. Hubbard Brook is managed and administered by the U.S. Forest Service and has no contact with the United Nations.

The Gang of 15 would do well to get their facts together.

MERVIN STEVENS

P.O. Box 220, Walpole

Lloyd Danforth

Next UN Flag Burning in Walpole. Pass the word!

jcpliberty

Sounds good to me! This time, I'm there! I'll bring a crew... no more low-numbers gonna keep us down!

JP

jcpliberty

When? What park?

JP

Lloyd Danforth

It was a joke in reference to Martin Stevens Lte above.  We can probably wait untill some UN official's hand is caught in the till per the Tsunami Relief fund, for our next UN Flag Burning.
Lloyd