• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Manchester PD arrests man for carrying toy bazooka

Started by KBCraig, September 11, 2007, 02:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Launching blue ping-pong balls apparently makes people think it's a real weapon.  ::)

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Man+arrested+with+toy+gun+outside+arena&articleId=0ee4462f-da6b-4755-9d21-1bca10587e84

Man arrested with toy gun outside arena

Manchester – A Northfield man who was arrested Saturday evening after toting a plastic toy gun outside the "Spirit of America" show in downtown Manchester said he thought it would be interesting to take the fake bazooka to the event.

David Bacon, 38, of 10 View St., Northfield, said he never pointed the toy at people outside the Verizon Wireless Arena, as police allege. He was charged with disorderly conduct.

"We're in a war for false reasons, and it ("Spirit of America") is like a light show. 'Come, see our show and forget what's happening,'" Bacon said in a telephone interview last night.

Police said Bacon possessed a "realistic looking toy gun" -- a Remco bazooka-style gun made of black plastic. It had a sight and trigger, police said.

Verizon staff told police that the gunman was using the gun to launch blue plastic projectiles at the promotional banner in front of the Verizon. Several people told police and Verizon security that the man was displaying the weapon and pointing it at several people.

Manchester police said they arrested Bacon at Depot and Franklin streets, where he acted belligerently and argumentative. {My comment: shame he didn't have Porc-411 and a videographer on speed dial!}

An antiques dealer, Bacon said he bought the toy gun earlier last week in Massachusetts. The Remco toys, which date from the 1960s, are popular and sell on e-bay for $150 or more, he said.

He said no one could mistake the toy for the real thing, especially because it is shaped like a bazooka.

error

And wouldn't you know, someone in Tilton has one for sale on eBay.

As for Mr. Bacon, someone give him a call in the morning and see if there's some way we can help.

David Bacon     (603) 286-2325     10 View St,  Northfield, NH 03276   

NHRes2004

Lasse

Can anyone say thirty people with the same bazookas launching blue nerf balls or whatever they were at the police department responsible for this BS?

Pat K

So is that a bazooka in your pants, or are ya just happy
to see us?

Oh it is a bazooka-never mind.

KBCraig

He was charged with disorderly conduct. I've read the statute, and I can't find how it could possibly apply here.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lxii/644/644-2.htm

ThePug

Quote from: KBCraig on September 11, 2007, 02:53 PM NHFT
I've read the statute

Which probably means you've already done more than the arresting officer.

lildog

He was charged with disorderly conduct. I've read the statute, and I can't find how it could possibly apply here.

Silly KB, haven't you learned by now that laws need not apply for someone to be charged with them?

KBCraig

Quote from: lildog on September 11, 2007, 03:33 PM NHFT

Silly KB, haven't you learned by now that laws need not apply for someone to be charged with them?

What was I thinking?  :duh:

NHRes2004

Quote from: KBCraig on September 11, 2007, 04:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: lildog on September 11, 2007, 03:33 PM NHFT

What was I thinking?  :duh:

Yup, they use the disorderly conduct statute like the military uses the UCMJ Article 134. "If there ain't a specific charge to use let's just go with this one."

Lloyd Danforth

I'm a fan of Article 32 and a repeated victim of Article 86.  Thanks to AR 635-200, I'm a free man......................well...relatively free.

leavingFLsoon

we need to get those toy guns off the street, weve got too much kid on kid violence, they could get nerfed to death

supperman15

i think it is funny that this happened in an open carry state.
Now if he was making verizion's customers uncomfortable they had every right to ask him to leave or put the toy in his car, but arrest, getting freaked out in the first place. come on.  blue projectiles?? are there any deadly weapons that operate like a Nerf gun, if those were bombs he would want to get them further away and at the very least there would be some smoke or some smell... so having a toy gun and BO?