• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHLA @ Deerfield Fair

Started by d_goddard, July 21, 2007, 11:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

NHLA will have a table at the 2007 Deerfield fair which will be held September 27th – 30th

Deerfield boasts the oldest annual family fair in NH. The first Deerfield fair was held in 1876. 131 years later, it is still being celebrated by citizens all across the region.

For more information about the fair, schedules, and driving directions, visit:
http://www.deerfieldfair.org

error

Does the fair have a firearms policy?

Dreepa

Quote from: error on July 22, 2007, 12:48 AM NHFT
You mean the Hopkinton Fair I think.

error

Quote from: Dreepa on July 22, 2007, 10:47 AM NHFT

No I don't. Go see the other thread. :)

Dreepa

Quote from: error on July 22, 2007, 11:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on July 22, 2007, 10:47 AM NHFT

No I don't. Go see the other thread. :)
Saw this one first....  :)

I wonder if that rule is only for 'private' events.
I will ask.

error

Thanks. I like situational awareness.

d_goddard

/bump

If you've never been to the Deerfield fair, you've never been to New Hampshire!

Can you spend a few hours handing out Liberty Ratings to fairgoers? Contact Don at 603 463-7771.

Once again this year, we will be sharing a booth with GO-NH. Help us out for 3 hours, then go see the rest of this wonderful NH fair! Directions to the Fair: any state highway leading into Deerfield (Route 4, 101, 93, 107, 43) will bring you into this area.

From 101, take Exit 3 in Candia. Follow the numerous signs leading to the Deerfield Fair. From Route 4, take either 43 or 107 S and follow the signs. There is ample free parking in back of the Fair grounds, but be sure to note your parking spot as there will be hundreds of cars.

Once on the Fair grounds, we are located in Concession Building #3. We are in the first booth at the aerial circus end of the building. The easiest way to find this building is to ask anyone in uniform where the Emergency Safety Complex is. When you get to that building, the long white building next to it is Concession #3.

Link to Fairgrounds map: http://www.deerfieldfair.org/2006%20WEBSITE/HOME%20PAGE/Directions/Map/fairgroundmap.htm

Ron Helwig

Also note that the bridge on Middle road is supposed to be fixed by opening day, but there are still a few bridges out from the flood in April.

http://forumhome.org/default.asp?sdetail=4009

d_goddard

I helped out with set-up this morning.
I'd never been to Deerfield Fair, wholy crap it's BIG. Like, 5 times the size of Hopkinton Fair.

If you're new to NH, you really should check it out. Lots of fun, lots of people to connect with!

Bald Eagle

When's my shift?  Don Gorman signed me up in the middle of L3/Shuvom's wedding, so it's not like I had it written down anywhere...

porcupine kate

I just spoke to Don Gorman.  He really needs help on Thursday.  He really needs some one to help out between 6:00pm and 9:00pm.  He could use another person at each shift throughout the whole day.  If you want to hang with Don, Dennis, Ron or Bill They could use your help on Thursday.  If you are new to the area You can still help at the booth even if you join on the spot.  They will get you up to speed on what is going on and how you can help them and New Hampshire.

dawn

Feel free to stop by the booth anytime Thursday or Friday and I'm sure you can be put to work! If you show up on Saturday or Sunday, GO-NH will be manning the booth.

Lloyd Danforth

I'm a lot more upset that I can't make it today or Friday than I am about not being able to make it Saturday or Sunday

d_goddard

It was a great day there today -- though boy was it hot!
Don was there, and Ron H., and Bill W., and Dave R.
Lots of fun. Lots of interesting people to talk to.
Hey, did y'all know Dick Marple was arrested a few years ago? Apparently he refused to pay a "fine" of some kind to the State. Sounds vaguely similar to Mr. Ridley's situation...

Friday

Quote from: Bald Eagle on September 26, 2007, 07:27 PM NHFT
When's my shift?  Don Gorman signed me up in the middle of L3/Shuvom's wedding, so it's not like I had it written down anywhere...

Me too, but I made sure to write it down as soon as I got home so I wouldn't forget.  I signed up for 6-9PM Friday, in case Don lost his list.