• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I called in to FTL for the first time today

Started by Fragilityh14, September 28, 2007, 06:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragilityh14

It was exciting ^_^

I've never called in before both because I don't listen that consistently at the time it is actually on at, and am not self important enough to generally think what I have to say is more entertaining than the various other people who call...though there has been a story I've been wanting to recount...

but today I just called in because I happened to know a bit about the hate crime bill...

Brad from Washington....:D

Mike Barskey

And it was an informative call, Brad. You were easy to understand and provided some facts that may have been what Paula was referring to. Thanks for the info.

Fluff and Stuff

When you move to NH it will be confusing.  We already have (or soon will) 2 Brads from NH :)

Fragilityh14

and I'm always surprised to hear that name because there aren't that many.

the funny thing about that cigarette tax, was I got to my friends' house and said "ok, George W Bush did/is going to do something you're all actually going to appreciate. I'm seriously not being sarcastic"

because I have friends who smoke over two packs a day and don't give a fuck about children, so the last thing they want to do is pay $.61 a pack more for a federal excise tax for childrens healthcare.

I may start calling in with explanations of what's going on in politics, being as I am a huge political junkie and I don't think either Mark or Ian are that interested in politics (in the sense that libertarians generally believe in a depoliticized society and as such often don't find joy in watching people decide how to oppress us). But I follow politics like someone would follow baseball, or better yet, reality tv.  It's such a freak show.

BTW Laura Ingraham read off names of Republicans who voted for this cigarette/childrens health insurance tax (72 people in the senate voted yes, but there isnt a veto-proof majority in the house) and it included Sununu (I'm just stating that as an objective sense being as a lot of you are in his constituency)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on September 28, 2007, 11:16 PM NHFT
When you move to NH it will be confusing.  We already have (or soon will) 2 Brads from NH :)

Only one Lloyd.  When you get to NH, and you're not sure of someone's name, call them Chris.  If they start to frown, quickly mutter Kate.

KBCraig

YixilTesiphon

I'll probably be the only Nigel there when I arrive.

PowerPenguin

Are there any other Andrews here? If so, I haven't met any yet 8-). BTW, Brad, you are in WA not DC I presume? If the former, where? I'm in the Tacoma area until next summer/fall.

Fragilityh14

I was in Olympia but recently moved home to Eastern Washington

porcupine kate

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on September 29, 2007, 06:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: Keith and Stuff on September 28, 2007, 11:16 PM NHFT

Only one Lloyd.  When you get to NH, and you're not sure of someone's name, call them Chris.  If they start to frown, quickly mutter Kate.

Double LL I want to see you call Dreepa Kate.

alphaniner