• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

First babyboomer to retire and collect Social Security

Started by J’raxis 270145, October 16, 2007, 02:11 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/15/AR2007101501359.html

QuoteWhen it comes to the nation's finances, Kathleen Casey-Kirschling is Public Enemy No. 1.

Her offense: being born.

Specifically, being born on Jan. 1, 1946, just a tick after midnight. That made her the first member of the 80 million-strong baby-boom generation, which, starting next year, will begin to bankrupt the nation by crashing the Medicare and Social Security systems. To tout this happy "milestone," the Social Security Administration called a news conference yesterday and invited cameras to film Casey-Kirschling signing up for benefits.

Otosan

Get your check books out young ones, send all ya make to Uncle Sam cause in three yrs I will be on the SS grave train and I need all the money you make.

Pat K

Quote from: Otosan on October 17, 2007, 06:26 PM NHFT
Get your check books out young ones, send all ya make to Uncle Sam cause in three yrs I will be on the SS grave train and I need all the money you make.

Yeah if you remember.  ;D