• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Beer Litany

Started by ancapagency, October 20, 2007, 04:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ancapagency

Ran across this recently in a Science Fiction novel I was reading, and it tickled me.  Those of you who haven't read "Dune" won't get the joke as much, but it will probably still be amusing.

QuoteI must drink Beer.  Beer is the mind-killer.  Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my Beer.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me, and when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.  When the Beer has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

Insurgent

Hah--that's terrific!

For those who don't know, the original quote is "I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

I've got that featured on my MySpace page. Haven't read Dune yet; Michael Ruppert always used to quote this and I took a liking to it.

Puke

I've seen the movies. Funny stuff.