• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

new and proud member of FSP!

Started by painted, November 19, 2007, 08:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: painted on November 25, 2007, 01:27 PM NHFT
oh, wow.  That's pretty hard core.  So how do kids get to go to college if they grew up in Grafton?
I don't know. They seem to be able to ..... oh yea ... they apply.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Porcupine_in_MA on November 25, 2007, 01:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 25, 2007, 05:59 AM NHFT
There are no public schools in Grafton.   :)  I heard rumors of a private christian school starting up.
This makes me want to move to Grafton even more. No government child indoctrination centers is a wonderful sign.
they still tax us to death for the schools and send the poor kids to the next town. :(

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 25, 2007, 05:10 PM NHFT
they still tax us to death for the schools and send the poor kids to the next town. :(

Oh.  :-\ Well that shit has got to stop, everywhere in NH.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Porcupine_in_MA on November 25, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFT

This same thing happens with one of the towns near Manchester—Bedford, I think? Instead of building their own school, they ship their students here.

Porcupine_in_MA

Yeah, I'm talking about taxing property period. Its one of my missions  to end it, because I consider it the worst of taxes, well right up there with income anyway. I know, everyone I talk to says "ohhh you'll have a tough time with that!" or tell me other things, yeah well no shit nothing worth doing was easy right? I'm bound and determined to end its practice.

Dreepa

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 25, 2007, 06:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Porcupine_in_MA on November 25, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFT

This same thing happens with one of the towns near Manchester—Bedford, I think? Instead of building their own school, they ship their students here.
I think Bedford has their own HS now.

Deerfield ships their kids to Concord I think.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Porcupine_in_MA on November 25, 2007, 06:34 PM NHFT
Yeah, I'm talking about taxing property period. Its one of my missions  to end it, because I consider it the worst of taxes, well right up there with income anyway. I know, everyone I talk to says "ohhh you'll have a tough time with that!" or tell me other things, yeah well no shit nothing worth doing was easy right? I'm bound and determined to end its practice.

Agreed. To me, income and property taxes are the worst, because there's no real way to escape them: Either you work for a living, in which case you're paying an income tax, or you drop out of society and become self-sufficient, in which case you need a piece of land, meaning now you're paying a property tax. I consider things like sales taxes to be less evil because, whereas they're still theft, they're quasi-voluntary in that you can safely, legally refuse to pay them by simply not buying the things to which they're applied.

painted

What kind of farming do you guys do in Grafton?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 25, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Porcupine_in_MA on November 25, 2007, 06:34 PM NHFT
Yeah, I'm talking about taxing property period. Its one of my missions  to end it, because I consider it the worst of taxes,

Agreed. To me, income and property taxes are the worst, because there's no real way to escape them: Either you work for a living, in which case you're paying an income tax, or you drop out of society and become self-sufficient, in which case you need a piece of land, meaning now you're paying a property tax. I consider things like sales taxes to be less evil because, whereas they're still theft, they're quasi-voluntary in that you can safely, legally refuse to pay them by simply not buying the things to which they're applied.

I consider sales taxes more evil because they require the government to stick its nose in everybody's business. To ensure that nobody is "illegally" avoiding sales taxes requires a police state. I see a land value tax as the least evil because it only requires the government to know who owns land.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Ron Helwig on November 25, 2007, 08:21 PM NHFT
I consider sales taxes more evil because they require the government to stick its nose in everybody's business. To ensure that nobody is "illegally" avoiding sales taxes requires a police state. I see a land value tax as the least evil because it only requires the government to know who owns land.

If the government ultimately owns all land property, everyone who "owns" land is really renting from the government. It has more a lot more to it than just knowing who owns the land. All tax is evil as far as I'm concerned but when it boils down to the government (yes local government but still government) forcing everyone to rent from them, there is truly an issue of lack of freedom there.

Kat Kanning

We're planning on doing some gardening, but haven't yet.