• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ridley Report interviews ex-Homeland Security director about NH Real ID rejectio

Started by Dave Ridley, January 12, 2008, 11:58 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Just interviewed ex-DHS chief Tom Ridge in Nashua.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oRSPltzT_BQ

...also questioned him about his Constitutional oath, Real ID, John McCain and Ron Paul.

Puke

Good scoop Dave.
I hope next years LF isn't infested with these ilk.

yonder

That was an outstanding interview, especially considering it was completely spontaneous.

I love the question towards the end about his oath of office and how he can reconcile it with things like REAL ID.

Obviously I think the man was very wrong on the issues, but he gave you much more respectful treatment out of Ridge than a lot of the lower level statist schmucks you've run into.  I also was surprised that he didn't sound too enthusiastic about REAL ID itself (though he was still enthusiastic about some other form of national ID).

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Puke on January 12, 2008, 02:38 PM NHFT
Good scoop Dave.
good idea grabbing him
It isn't the LF's fault that they were in the same hotel as McCain .... I guess they could avoid the primaries in the future and distance themselves from all the politicians. :)

Kat Kanning

yonder

Quote from: Puke on January 12, 2008, 02:38 PM NHFT

Yeah because it would be terrible if some of the entrenched ruling class were exposed to the true thirst for liberty in this country, if they were given a taste of libertarian principles.  ::)

Russell Kanning

these thugs know what we believe ... they just don't care ... as long as you go along and pay your taxes ... oh ... and vote.

Puke

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 13, 2008, 10:13 PM NHFT
It isn't the LF's fault that they were in the same hotel as McCain .... I guess they could avoid the primaries in the future and distance themselves from all the politicians. :)
I know they weren't there for the LF. I just didn't like seeing them in the lobby killing my buzz.

Quote from: yonder on January 14, 2008, 07:51 AM NHFT
Yeah because it would be terrible if some of the entrenched ruling class were exposed to the true thirst for liberty in this country, if they were given a taste of libertarian principles.  ::)

Ridge wasn't there for the LF, he was just there with McCain. I'd bet a lot of money that neither on of them gives two shits about anything that was happening at the LF.

dalebert

Perhaps Ridge and some people in Congress ought to receive some postcards like these in their mail.

How's that for shameless marketing?  :blush:

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 14, 2008, 07:55 AM NHFT
these thugs know what we believe ... they just don't care ... as long as you go along and pay your taxes ... oh ... and vote.

Yeah, but, do they understand it?  Do any of them ever internalize it?  I can't figure out what drives statists. I imagine some are sincere, thinking that if people aren't ruled things will fall apart.  I know some like power so they can shear the sheep, but, how much do they need in the bank?   I don't get wanting power for the sake of having power.

John Edward Mercier

Politics is largely a popularity contest...
So the system becomes whatever the majority wants regardless...