• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

video: Gardner Goldsmith discussing libertian themes in Firefly

Started by picaro, February 24, 2008, 06:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

picaro

Play all

Part 1:
[youtube=425,350]pCtKr_q7qF0[/youtube]

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Play all

KBCraig

We have Serenity on DVD, but I had never seen an episode of Firefly until we watched the first DVD of Season 1 last night.

Mary promptly bumped the rest of the series to the top of our Netflix queue.  8)

Pat K

Quote from: KBCraig on February 26, 2008, 08:06 PM NHFT
We have Serenity on DVD, but I had never seen an episode of Firefly until we watched the first DVD of Season 1 last night.

Mary promptly bumped the rest of the series to the top of our Netflix queue.  8)

Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me very well, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
Mal: I had a good day.
Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harbouring known fugitives.
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.
;D

Porcupine_in_MA

Malcolm Reynolds - "You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave."

8)

KBCraig

And on a related note, I just finished The Moon is a Harsh Mistress for the first time. I was well overdue for that one, but I've never been a big sci-fi reader.

"Sovereign," like "love," means anything you want it to mean; it's a word in dictionary between "sober" and "sozzled."
- Manuel Garcia O'Kelly Davis