• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The "Firefly"-"Serenity" Presentation, Thurs, at Borders, Concord

Started by Gard, February 19, 2008, 11:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Gard

Hey, all!

Just got done a few more hours of prep for the presentation on the libertarian themes in "Firefly" and "Serenity"!!! I hope a few freedom-lovers will be interested in stopping by and hanging out to watch scenes, discuss the show, and grab "Whedonesque" stuff!

I'll be signing copies of the "Serenity Found" book, in which I have an essay, and will be signing copies of my book, "Live Free or Die" as well -- and OHHH, you have to see how they're signed so well!

If you need a copy of either book, Borders ought to have a few in stock. They've sold out of mine right now, but will have some in by Thursday for the gathering. If you would like one of "Live Free or Die" earlier, just stop by Annie's Bookstop, on Louden Road, in Concord, or the Toadstool Bookshop, in Milford.

I hope we have a great group! I wouldn't have seen the movie or series if it hadn't been for FSP-ers!

See you there! Bring your brown coats! The Borders people will be impressed! Well run from 7 to 8:30 pm!

-- Gard

Beth221

Pat K

Gard

picaro

Gardner gave an excellent talk!  A good number of freedom-loving browncoats turned out.   Wish I could've stayed longer to talk, but my girlfriend needed to be awake early the next day.

I captured everything but 10-15 minutes of the presentation.  The closing / summary statement was recorded. (neglected to change SP to LP >_<)
Was not able to capture the excellent Q&A session. 

Hope to have the presentation online in a few days.   I'm still new to video editing in Linux.

Porcupine_in_MA

Had a wonderful time Gard! Thanks so much for doing that! Oh and your essay in "Serenity Found" is fan-fucking-tastic!!  8)

- Matthew