• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Private vs government interactions

Started by Kat Kanning, March 03, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Just musing on running errands today...went to the post office and then grocery store.  When I went to the government run, no free market post office, there was a long line.  The clerks would just close up, despite the long line, and wonder off, talking to coworkers about "Twix Bars".  The clerk I finally got was extremely surly, didn't listen to what I wanted, and rattled off an endless list of things she had to say to me, although it was obvious the list was pointless in my case.  ::)  I felt stressed out and angry when I finally escaped there.

My other errand was to the grocery store where the produce guy chatted nicely with me, there was a short line, and the checker and bagger were exceptionally nice to me.  I especially like the baggers there - they hire retarded people who are always sooo happy, you just have to smile around them.

What a difference the free market makes!

Maybe the post office should hire more retards - I think they'd do a better job.

error

We don't care. We don't have to. We're the government.

David

Quote:<Maybe the post office should hire more retards - I think they'd do a better job.>
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Btw, If you went to hanifords, we almost passed each other.  Was at the PO also today.
In fact, I saw Vitruvian today, and the back of Ians' Vehicle almost at the same time today.  You know we are doing good, when we start passing each other in a town of 25000 people.   :)

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 03, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFT
I especially like the baggers there - they hire retarded people who are always sooo happy, you just have to smile around them.

So does my favorite chain (Albertson's), but they don't do it out of benevolence: they do it because they receive federal tax incentives for hiring people who are classified with certain types of disabilities.

I agree about having to smile. When I drove a soft drink route 18 years ago, one of my stops was a county "development center". The memory of being surrounded by a throng shouting "Mr. Pepsi man! Mr. Pepsi man!" still makes me grin.  :)

Kat Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on March 04, 2008, 02:51 AM NHFT

So does my favorite chain (Albertson's), but they don't do it out of benevolence: they do it because they receive federal tax incentives for hiring people who are classified with certain types of disabilities.

Bummer.

J’raxis 270145

Shit like that is why I don't even receive mail at my physical address.