• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Church of Reality

Started by Kat Kanning, March 07, 2008, 07:54 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Ran into this searching for "arrested for not wearing a seatbelt".  There's a marijuana section, heh.

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/introduction/

dalebert

I like it, but I noticed not voting is considered a sin. We should ask them if the state is real. If so, why? It's written on paper, by men, that it's real, and it's believed in by a majority of people. Does that make it real? If so, then I have just proven that God is real too.
:noway:

srqrebel

Found this interesting News Flash on their site:

Marc Perkel, the founder of the Church of Reality is now listed on the American TSA list as a terrorist suspect. The TSA (US Transportation Security Administration) maintains a "selectee list" which lists people who are flagged for heightened security screening. This list, which has not caught a single real terrorist, is used mostly as a political enemies list against activists who are speaking out against government abuses of power.

"In some ways this is a badge of honor", states Marc Perkel, First One of the Church of Reality. In this environment of repression of non-Christian religions in America, if you aren't on the TSA list you aren't getting your message out. I consider it to be an acknowledgement that I'm doing my job."

This selectee list is not the worst list that the TSA has. Marc is not on the no fly list which would have prevented him from flying at all. This is just a harassment list that the US government keeps to intimidate activists.

As a result, the United States of America is now on the Church of Reality list of nations who are hostile to Realism and Realists and the US is a nation that is moving in a dangerous direction towards oppressing religious freedom.

Lex

Why does reality need a church? I don't think reality requires belief. Seems oxymoron to me.

srqrebel

Many people prefer their favorite fantasies over reality.  It appears to me that the Church of Reality is an attempt to draw those folks out of fantasyland -- not an attempt to preach to the 'choir'.