• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Does anyone have any advice when it comes to buying a carpet steam cleaner?

Started by Raineyrocks, April 03, 2008, 02:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I've been looking all over the net for the best choices at a reasonable price and can't seem to find any sites that agree on the ones I like. 

I don't want one that has to be hooked up to the sink, a real heavy one, one you have to constantly dump the dirty water.   I would like one that dries the carpet as I clean it too.

I'd trust you guys/gals advice a lot more than a website so if you have any suggestions please help me.  I don't/can't spend over $200 on one.

Raineyrocks

I think I found a pretty good website so I might not need help but if you have any info that's fine.  Here's the site if anyone else runs into the same problem about finding reviews. :)

http://www.allergybegone.com/steamvacuum.html

kola

hire one of those young good looking guys to come and clean your carpet.  ;)
(hint:key word "carpet")

heehee!

Kola

Raineyrocks

Quote from: kola on April 06, 2008, 07:07 PM NHFT
hire one of those young good looking guys to come and clean your carpet.  ;)
(hint:key word "carpet")

heehee!

Kola

Ha, ha, you perv!  I never thought the post would be taken that way but I should have figured, there's a wise guy in every crowd! ;D

Tommy Gun

Rent one at Home Depot.  My experience with steam cleaners tells me that they are expensive to purchase, they wont last and that renting is much cheaper in the long run.   

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Tommy Gun on April 09, 2008, 07:25 PM NHFT
Rent one at Home Depot.  My experience with steam cleaners tells me that they are expensive to purchase, they wont last and that renting is much cheaper in the long run.   

Thanks I thought of renting one at Hannafords, (it's closer than HD), but I finally did find one for a reasonable price and bought it.  If I rented one I'd be there every 2 weeks the way I steam clean and it probably would cost more in the long run than the one I bought. :)

ReverendRyan

Steam cleaning can do more harm than good. Unless you have major issues with your carpet, a different cleaning method can get it just as clean without as much damage to the carpet, padding, and subfloor. Unless you rent, then fuck it.

Caleb

I used to clean carpets. I can tell you that unless you can get almost all the water out of the carpet, you're going to have trouble (mold, etc). You need a high powered truck mount. And those ain't cheap. Best to hire a professional company if you need your carpets deep cleaned.