• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Recreational drugs FAR less likely to kill than prescribed drugs!

Started by srqrebel, January 16, 2008, 11:00 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylboz

Dylboz

Quote from: mackler on May 10, 2008, 07:15 PM NHFT

When you have no scientific evidence to support your position, snappy quotes will just have to do.

I think it's pretty obvious who has science on their side and who doesn't, chuckles. You're hilarious! ;D

kola

QuoteWhen you have no scientific evidence to support your position, snappy quotes will just have to do.

Yeah Mack, this is how the kids "play". It is really a waste. Notice how they completely ignore your 3 peer reveiwed studies which btw are quite impressive. But If you do not post research, they criticize you for not doing so. When you do post them they usually say they are unacceptable (by their opinion only) or just ignore them and continue to throw more questions at you. OR their classic line that you are "regurgitating" copy and paste articles. Good luck babysitting them.  :)

Kola

Dylboz

Notice how Kola ignored the many, many more studies liked to the articles I posted, because he's either too lazy or too dishonest to actually click past the first link. Those "studies" of mackler's are only impressive to those who don't read them. The "snappy" quotes are funny, because they reflect the truth of Homeopathy.

MACKLER, ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!!!

John Edward Mercier

Consumer Reports has an article on homeopathic remedies...

ReverendRyan

You mean the 1975 review that showed it's bunk, the 1987 review that showed it's bunk, the 1994 review that showed it's bunk, the 1995 review that showed it's bunk, or the 2008 review that showed it's bunk?

John Edward Mercier

The newest one. But the article was more focused on the shelving positioning of retailers.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Dylboz on May 09, 2008, 11:06 PM NHFT
But there are no observable effects to attribute a mechanism to!

This is what I was getting at with this:—
QuoteThe open question is whether or not this purported feature of water has even been observed in the first place.

Quote from: Dylboz on May 09, 2008, 11:06 PM NHFT
Homeopaths exploit the ignorance of quantum mechanics to attribute validity to their "memory" theory.  ... And besides, there is no way of understanding quantum physics that includes persistent information retention, for even fractions of a second. In fact, even a passing familiarity with quantum mechanics and the incredibly short times that particles exist at that level invalidates any kind of "memory" lasting long enough to impart effectiveness to Homeopathic remedies.

Maybe. Provided that something actually be observed, I'm not going to conclude that it's impossible based on the fact that it doesn't fit with the current theories and models.

But in the case of homeopathy, I tend to find the whole thing non-credible on account of the human element—that is, the fact that the theory keeps changing as if someone's just trying to come up with increasingly harder-to-defeat theories for that specific reason. It makes me think of the arguments I used to get into with religious people, how their definition of God will keep changing to stay one step ahead of whatever rebuttals you come up with.

Dylboz

Yes, the language is very similar, and when finally pinned down, those who use and those who "practice" Homeopathy ultimately admit that it is faith based. They don't know how it works, and they really don't care. They believe it does, and that is enough, even when its effectiveness is only measured by coincidence with symptoms abating, and no faster than if one had done nothing at all. It satisfies their desire to "do something" while allowing the body's immune system to take it's natural course. That's all well and good for a cold, but very dangerous for cancer, birth defects or progressive infections or neurological illnesses, to name a few treatable but potentially deadly diseases that Homeopathy purports to "cure."

Kat Kanning

Dylboz

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 13, 2008, 08:52 PM NHFT
I wish someone would split off the homeopathy debate  ::)

This thread IS the Homeopathy debate.