• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bottle Caps/Crowns

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, August 25, 2008, 01:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

Does anyone have a good source for bottlecaps or crowns of various design? I am a homebrewer and part of what I plan to do for Christmas is made "beer baskets". Four bottles of my homebrew, each bottled in an amber glass bottle with my brewery logo etched into the glass (Newspeak Brewing Company!) and 4 glasses with the logo laser etched.

So, in brewing many flavors, I've hit a snag. Since my bottles are etched, labels really take from the appeal. So, to keep my flavors organized, I've decided to use different bottlecaps. The problem...

Everywhere I know of sells them by the palette which is a LOT more caps than I'm interested in purchasing. I've checked eBay and there's a TON for scrapbooking, but some crowns for scrapbooking have no plastic seal which makes them useless for bottling beer.

Scrapbookers, anyone have any leads on a variety of uncrushed, unused bottle caps with plastic seals? Homebrewers, anyone have a source for bottlecaps suitable for bottling?

Pat McCotter

K. Darien Freeheart

Yeah, good ol Legal Weed. They "came to an agreement" about that recently.