• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

question for David (Krouse)

Started by cynthia, October 06, 2008, 10:50 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cynthia

Hi David,

What was the nature of the traffic stop when the officer pulled you over for not having your car registered? Why didn't he remove your plates and have your car towed? Apparently, they are liable if your car is involved in an accident id it is not registered.

(this would be an interesting twist, have one car not registered be in an accident and having the state be liable? Sounds bizarre, but apparently it's the law.)

In my situation, the cop removes my plates and my whole vehicle, so I had to "register" to get the stickers to get my plates back, sort of.

K. Darien Freeheart

Hi Cynthia, firstly, kudos. I heard you call up FTL the other night about the ticket and court appearance they demanded of you. I'm glad you're stepping up to them and letting them know you're free. :)

As to your specific questions, I think David was unlicenses and driving an unregistered car. I don't think he had plates, though I could be wrong and David will probably be here shortly to correct that.

FTL_Ian

I don't believe it.  I can't imagine them being liable for anything.  Sounds like an excuse to me.

David

I am still licensed till 2010 from ohio.  I was pulled over for one of my 6 taillights being out.  Of course he asked me for license and registration.  The car was originally registered in ohio but was out of date.  It was never registered in nh.  Interestingly he never ticketed me for the light, but rather only the registration. 

cynthia

Hi David

Yeah, you really wouldn't get ticketed for a light; there has to be a prior warning on record.  So, he obviously didn't take your plates or have your car towed.. I would like this for a reference(anonymous) in my notes. They are supposed to remove plates, or at minimum tow your vehicle if it is not registered. This is not a case of discretion, but rather a discrepancy which can be used to further dismantle, or at least call into question, the actions of this cop.

Thanks!

David

I still had the original ohio plates on the car.  About the only thing I didn't do was either get the car re-registered in ohio, or what nh would have wanted me to do, re-register it in nh. 

KBCraig

Quote from: David on October 07, 2008, 08:47 PM NHFT
Interestingly he never ticketed me for the light, but rather only the registration. 

Registration schemes are very important to people who want to control you.

Driving with a suspended license is treated far more harshly than driving without any license, because they want to keep people afraid of losing their "privilege" to drive.

It was a sad day when America bought into the notion of driving being a privilege instead of a right.

John Edward Mercier

You wouldn't get a ticket for the broken light... its a DE tag. You have 'defective equipment' and so long to get it fixed before it results in a ticket.

The plates weren't from NH... so they couldn't pull them, without Ohio's consent.