• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I've just been so positive today, (eye roll), here's a few medical ???

Started by Raineyrocks, December 10, 2008, 09:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Sorry but I've been googling this stuff all day trying to put it together and I'm having a hard time making sense of this:

My son's girlfriend, Frannie, ended up in the hospital about 2 weeks ago for severe pain around her liver, so they tested her for hepatitis A, B, and C, they all came back negative. However her liver enzymes were extremely elevated. 

As most of you know she gave birth to my grandson 3 months ago, he's with me now because she can't take care of him and DCF is on their butts and my son is , I can't come up with a word right now.

So after several trips to this 1 Mass. hospital for the pain she decides to go to another one and they found gallstones on/in her pancreas.  Yes, it's dangerous and they removed them by going down her throat with a vacuum of sorts so after this her pancreas was abnormally enlarged so they kept her in the hospital.

5 days after the gallstone/pancreas surgery they removed her gallbladder via laproscopy and she went home last night, same day as the surgery.  So she passed out last night and my son caught her, she came to and passed out again and he said she started having seizures so he called the ambulance.

I just got done talking to her and she's going to ask her doctor to talk to me because I'm slightly familiar with medical terminology. I'm also figuring I can research what he tells me but now as far as I know until I speak to him this is the new occurrence:

They are saying she has a hematoma in her stomach, she's anemic and they are giving her a unit of blood.  The nurse I spoke with said her pottasium levels were very high and that was because she was dehydrated, now I always thought your pottasium/electrolytes were low when you were dehydrated so I looked it up. Basically your pottasium can be high when your dehydrated but it's rare and usually indicates a kidney problem. 

I'm anemic and never, ever did anyone suggest giving me blood and I had the nurse read her hemocrit and hemoglobin to me and it was as low as mine and I'm okay.

What the heck is going on?   Do any of these medical problems fit together?   She's a 24 year old girl and I can't believe all of this is happening to her. 

Has anyone heard of this stuff, boom, bam, ever happening to anyone else?  If so, what was their prognosis?