• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cloverfield

Started by Friday, February 08, 2009, 08:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

OMG, I am so frustrated right now.

I rented "Cloverfield" from Netflix a few days ago.  The first time I tried to watch it, the DVD started buggering out near the front end of the movie, just when whatever-it-is lays waste to the Brooklyn Bridge.  I got pissed off and watched Firefly instead.

The second time I tried to watch it, I cleaned the disk beforehand. It had no effect on the Brooklyn Bridge scene. So I skipped through that and continued watching. The DVD was unplayable in the *final scene of the movie*.  !@#$

I reported the DVD to Netflix as unplayable, and requested an immediate replacement.  But it was the weekend, so they wouldn't ship one until Monday, which means I'll probably receive it on Tuesday.  I couldn't wait that long, so I bought it at Worst Buy, because I was dying to know

-- did the government create it?
-- who survives?
-- WTF?

Well, $20 later and a third evening squandered, I'm still wondering

-- did the government create it?
-- who survives? [note: you need to sit through all of the end credits to fully appreciate this]
-- WTF?

AAUUGHGGHGHHGHGH!  :BangHead:

It was nice to see a major metropolitan area decimated, though.  So that's something.  :)

SpeedPhreak

the one you bought was un-playable too?

You know the movie is all shot from the perspective of the actors kinda like The Blair Witch Project... so the screen is supposed to be twitchy & what not.

I thought it was an ok movie.  I have it - watched it once & will probably never watch it again unless guests want to see it.

Friday

No, the one I bought was not unplayable; it just didn't answer any of my questions.