• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Brewer's strike threatens beer supply!

Started by KBCraig, March 02, 2009, 11:40 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

http://www.thelocal.de/money/20090302-17741.html

Bavarian brewers strike
Published: 2 Mar 09 10:51 CET

In terrifying news for Weißbier fans, Bavarian beer brewers staged temporary strikes on Monday morning in an ongoing wage dispute with employers in the southern German state.

Shorty Dawkins

Good Lord it is the end of the world as we know it.

Shorty Dawkins

Pat K

MengerFan

Remember to take this opportunity to try one or more of the tasty selections from Manchester Brewing.  :occasion14:

Russell Kanning

that is what i was thinking ... Manchester Brewing can fill some demand

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Pat K on March 02, 2009, 04:52 PM NHFT
Dark is the day, my friends.

Hang in there, my friend, don't panic... I'm sure we could brew up a batch of Golden Goat Scroat to see you through these dark days.   ;)

Pat K

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on March 02, 2009, 07:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on March 02, 2009, 04:52 PM NHFT
Dark is the day, my friends.

Hang in there, my friend, don't panic... I'm sure we could brew up a batch of Golden Goat Scroat to see you through these dark days.   ;)

I will be o-k Becky, thanks for caring. ;D

jeremy2141

You just have to brew your own beer, it's quite tasty, and not at all complicated or time consuming.  Plus you can avoid contributing to 30 cent  beer tax imposed on every gallon of beer!

Jim Johnson

Hooray for Home Brewers and Micro Brewers.   ;D

jeremy2141

You can make 5 gallons of beer for about 35$ if you have the equipment.  It takes about 2 hours to steep the grains, boil the malt and hopps (if you choose that method).  A week or so to ferment the wort.  2 more hours to bottle it, and waiting (the hard part) for about 6 to 8 weeks for it to carbonate and then age a little.  I'm going to bottle an amber ale saturday. Woohoo!