• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

John Stossel Special 3/13/09

Started by djbridgeland, March 12, 2009, 09:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

djbridgeland

FYI There is a 20/20 hour long John Stossel special tomorrow Friday 3/13/09.  10 PM EST, 9 CST
John is teaming up with Drew Cary - Bailouts and Bullshit
http://abcnews.go.com/2020

toowm

My Tivo can record two channels at a time, but not three. I chose 20/20 and the 2nd to last Battlestar Galactica, and will hope that the Illini win their first Big 10 tournament game so I can watch #2 on Saturday.

And just a couple months ago I was thinking of getting rid of my TV!

slim

PattyLee loves dogs

This could be really effective... a lot of people watch 20/20. This is exactly what we need to be doing more of, getting real economics into mainstream media.

KBCraig

It was a good show, but I was a little disappointed with his take on "private" roads that were defeated in Texas.

Nobody objected to a private company buying land and building toll roads; that wasn't what was proposed at all. Instead, the state was going to use eminent domain to seize tens of thousands of acres or private land, use tax money to build the roads, and then turn it all over to a private company to make profit. Public risk for private gain: fascism in action.

I'm all for private roads, but what we shut down in Texas was not "private".