• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I've Learned (more) My Lesson

Started by Ogre, April 11, 2009, 08:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Discipula

Quote from: akmisrmaadi on April 17, 2009, 02:44 PM NHFT
in my little police town, my old man was arrested at his house for not paying a dog license fee. the cops actually came there with a warrant from a judge and arrested him. the bail was over 1k for doggie license.

hilarious. but the funny thing is it costs the government about 10x as much to do all than the $60 dog license they'll get

My mother had the same thing happen to her. There was no arrest but there was a warrent for it for not licensing our dogs in California. At the time we had, I think, 5 or 6 dogs (one had recently had a litter and we kept a couple, we didn't routinely have the many but even if we did that's not their concern) and we had to actually put one down to avoid having to pay some kind of fees associated with running a "kennel".

coffeeseven

Quote from: akmisrmaadi on April 17, 2009, 02:44 PM NHFT
hilarious. but the funny thing is it costs the government about 10x as much to do all than the $60 dog license they'll get

Their budget comes out of our pocket whether they make a profit or not. May the well run dry.