• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

V: the Series remake

Started by Friday, May 24, 2009, 09:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

(sorry if there's already a thread about this show somewhere; the forum won't let me search on just the letter V)

Does anybody remember "V", the mini-series that came out in the '80s about aliens coming to Earth; at first, they seemed to want to be our friends, but then... not so much?  I was in high school when it came out and still remember how insanely excited I was about it.  Then they made a whole series out of it, which I missed at the time because I'd gone off to college and didn't have a TV.  Anyway, I actually rented the entire series from Netflix within the past year, because the original mini-series had such an impact on me.  It was a weird combination of sci fi, politics, guerrila warfare, and general fight the man lizard power.  Anyway, the ongoing series (as opposed to the original mini-series) was GODAWFUL, laugh-out-loud bad; I don't recommend it unless you're way into cheese.

They're coming out with a remake of it soon, and everyone's favorite space whore, Morena Baccarin, will be playing the beautiful but deadly leader of the aliens!  Woo hoo!!   :blob6:

KBCraig

I sorta remember that one, but I don't think I watched it.

My favorite from that era was "Alien Nation", where the aliens got krunk on soured milk.

K. Darien Freeheart

Yay for my favorite space whore!

doobie

I sorta remember it.  I have the book on my shelf somewhere.

MattLeft

It was awesome.  Marc Singer (of Beastmaster fame), Freddy Kreuger, Michael Ironside...Loved it.  Looking forward to the updated version.

dalebert

The lizard people conspiracy is about to get a recharge, as if it needed it.  ::) But that aside, it looks like it could be good. Definitely a great analogy for governments! It has one of the stars from 4400 which also had some libertarian themes, IMO.