• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maine Town Passes Ordinance Asserting Local Self-Governance and Stripping Corpor

Started by MTPorcupine3, March 08, 2009, 07:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

On Thursday March 19th, Ellen Hayes will be the guest of WKNH's Empire Watch, with host George Corrette.  Hayes is the Director of ACE (Advocates for Community Empowerment), and will be speaking about powerful grassroots efforts in Maine to protect community groundwater resources which are being targeted by Nestle and other global corporate interests.  Recently, the towns of Shapleigh and Newfields have passed dramatic local ordinances which shun the State and Federal regulatory process, and directly assert protection from large scale groundwater extraction.  It's sure to be an educational and informative hour with considerable ramifications for communities everywhere.

Empire Watch can be heard every Thursday at 9:00am on 91.3FM, or can be live streamed at wknh.org.  Please join the conversation with your thoughts and comments, on WKNH's studio line: 358-8863.

Empire Watch Host ** George Correttte

BillKauffman

QuoteOn Thursday March 19th, Ellen Hayes will be the guest of WKNH's Empire Watch, with host George Corrette.

Isn't today the 24th of March?

jaqeboy

Quote from: BillKauffman on March 25, 2009, 11:01 AM NHFT
QuoteOn Thursday March 19th, Ellen Hayes will be the guest of WKNH's Empire Watch, with host George Corrette.

Isn't today the 24th of March?

Don't you have that time machine tuned up yet? ;D

I just copied and pasted the announcement I got and didn't even look at the date! - I wonder if George  just made a mistake, since I just got the email.  hmmm.

jaqeboy

George Corrette emails yesterday:

Sorry - as a couple of folks have mentioned, Ellen Hayes will appear on Empire Watch tomorrow 3/26 - not 3/19 as I had mentioned earlier...

George Corrette
On Thursday March 26th, Ellen Hayes will be the guest of WKNH's Empire Watch, with host George Corrette.  Hayes is the Director of ACE (Advocates for Community Empowerment), and will be speaking about powerful grassroots efforts in Maine to protect community groundwater resources which are being targeted by Nestle and other global corporate interests.  Recently, the towns of Shapleigh and Newfields have passed dramatic local ordinances which shun the State and Federal regulatory process, and directly assert protection from large scale groundwater extraction.  It's sure to be an educational and informative hour with considerable ramifications for communities everywhere.

Empire Watch can be heard every Thursday at 9:00am on 91.3FM, or can be live streamed at wknh.org.  Please join the conversation with your thoughts and comments, on WKNH's studio line: 358-8863.

jaqeboy

On Thursday, May 7th Ellen Hayes will be the guest of WKNH's Empire Watch.

Hayes is the Director of ACE (Advocates for Community Empowerment), and will be continuing the discussion on Maine's revolutionary moment:  the very current battle over its communities' ability to protect their groundwater from large-scale corporate extraction.  Importantly, this struggle is not happening within the usual state regulatory apparatus, but is being written into town ordinances, with legally defensible "rights-based" language.  A crucial vote in the town of Wells will be happening on May 16th, and Hayes will bring listeners up to date on the dramatic reactions Augusta has had to this powerful movement.

Empire Watch can be heard every Thursday at 9:00am (EST) on WKNH (91.3), and can be live streamed at wknh.org.  Please call in with your thoughts on the studio line at (603) 358-8863.