• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

WikiRebels - The Documentary

Started by jaqeboy, December 13, 2010, 08:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

KBCraig

Jim Johnson

I watched it.  I thought that it was well produced, even and informative.

:'( 

Pat K

You should be sleeping at this hour.

jaqeboy

Whoa! Michael Moore (and others) posts bail for Julian Assange:

Why I'm Posting Bail Money for Julian Assange

QuoteYesterday, in the Westminster Magistrates Court in London, the lawyers for WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange presented to the judge a document from me stating that I have put up $20,000 of my own money to help bail Mr. Assange out of jail.

Furthermore, I am publicly offering the assistance of my website, my servers, my domain names and anything else I can do to keep WikiLeaks alive and thriving as it continues its work to expose the crimes that were concocted in secret and carried out in our name and with our tax dollars.

We were taken to war in Iraq on a lie. Hundreds of thousands are now dead. Just imagine if the men who planned this war crime back in 2002 had had a WikiLeaks to deal with. They might not have been able to pull it off. The only reason they thought they could get away with it was because they had a guaranteed cloak of secrecy. That guarantee has now been ripped from them, and I hope they are never able to operate in secret again.

John

Its still up. Has anyone saved it? My internet is slow. I'm trying to watch it now.

I was hearing on talk radio that this guy will have "blood on his hands" because he is putting people at risk. WHAT!
I don't recall anyone who is saying that nonsense also telling us which of "our" WARS Julian Assange started. Blood on his hands? Who really has the blood on their hands.

I'm thinking that most of the people I've heard attacking this guy sound like a bunch of evil, blood thirsty, warmongering puppets. THE DEVIL MUST REALY BE QUITE PROUD OF THEM.

MaineShark

Quote from: John on December 17, 2010, 07:36 PM NHFTI was hearing on talk radio that this guy will have "blood on his hands" because he is putting people at risk. WHAT!
I don't recall anyone who is saying that nonsense also telling us which of "our" WARS Julian Assange started. Blood on his hands? Who really has the blood on their hands.

I'm thinking that most of the people I've heard attacking this guy sound like a bunch of evil, blood thirsty, warmongering puppets. THE DEVIL MUST REALY BE QUITE PROUD OF THEM.

Most (bordering on all) of them are, but he does have some blood on his hands, too.  Among all the other stuff were some names of folks who informed against terrorists, who then became targets for the friends of those terrorists.  Even if they are opposing an invading army, blowing up women and children is still terrorism.  Assange and his compatriots should have redacted their names from the data, before releasing it.

It's important not to fall into the trap of making anyone who opposes our enemies into a saint.  Just because he has it in for the US government does not mean that he is perfect, or even good.  From the little I've heard of his politics, it sounds like he just prefers a different sort of Statism, not actual freedom.  But that doesn't mean he doesn't also do good work, as well.  Much like the French government helped the American colonies win independence from Britain (because they wanted to hurt the British, not because they wanted America to be free), we can still derive benefit from the battles various Statist factions do against each other, and even recognize when they occasionally find cause to do something good.

Of course, when some pundit who says that we should nuke the Middle East and make a new parking lot, then complains that Assange has blood on his hands, that's just stupid...

Joe

Russell Kanning

rebellion against the evil empire makes strange friendships
i figure if the people are moving in the right direction by  exposing the thugs, then they get my support