• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

No Refusal’ Blood Test Checkpoint Program Continues To Expand Nationwide

Started by Raineyrocks, January 20, 2011, 08:30 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

'No Refusal' Blood Test Checkpoint Program Continues To Expand Nationwide

http://www.prisonplanet.com/%E2%80%9...ationwide.html

Wyoming latest state to introduce legislation mandating driver compliance

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
Tuesday, Jan 18th, 2011

Wyoming will become the latest in a string of states to mandate drivers to submit to blood tests at DUI checkpoints if a new bill is passed via the Legislature.

The bill, which would see any driver suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol lose their right to refuse any chemical tests for alcohol, was cleared by The House Judiciary Committee yesterday to move forward for debate.

If successful, the bill would overturn a 50-year-old implied consent law, which allows drivers to say no to blood or urine tests.

While police representatives endorsed the bill, defense lawyer Robert Moxley argued against the legislation, noting that it was unnecessary for any competent prosecutor to rely on test results in cases where a driver is really impaired from operating a vehicle.

"I think this is a Draconian solution to a nonexistent or minimum problem," Moxley said, adding that the legislation is unconstitutional.

"The question is if government should subject people to battery," he said. "You can't make people blow into a breath system."

In questions over the proposed law, the Judiciary Committee chairman mulled whether the proposed law could be abused by law enforcement, and expressed concern that forced blood draws from uncooperative drivers could endanger both the driver and the person taking the blood.

Nevertheless, the legislation, sponsored by Jackson Republican Rep. Keith Gingery, was endorsed by the committee in a 5-4 vote.

The federally sponsored 'no refusal' blood draw program has been gathering pace and has already been instituted in several other States. As we have previously highlighted, police in Texas and Idaho are already forcibly jabbing needles into people's arms and taking their blood at DUI checkpoints, even if they are merely "suspected" of being drunk.

The Associated Press reported last year that officers in Texas and Idaho are training to withdraw blood from "suspects" as a replacement for the standard breathalyzer test, primarily because police can't make anyone breathe into a tube but apparently, in the "land of the free," they can forcibly hold someone down and jab a needle into their arm and take their blood, "a practice that's been upheld by Idaho's Supreme Court and the U.S. Supreme Court,".

Nicole Watson, the College of Western Idaho phlebotomy instructor teaching the Idaho officers, has described how the process would unfold.

"Once they're back on patrol, they will draw blood of any suspected drunk driver who refuses a breath test. They'll use force if they need to, such as getting help from another officer to pin down a suspect and potentially strap them down, Watson said."

The following recent CNN report highlights how the program has also been adopted in Utah, Arizona, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Louisiana and Florida:

The trashing of the implied consent law has also been made official in South Dakota, so far without challenge.

The practice of cops drawing blood at the side of the road has been in place in some areas since 1995 but the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has indicated that the program is ultimately intended to be introduced nationwide.

As Alex Jones exposed over a decade ago, the eventual plan, under a 1993 executive order signed by Bill Clinton, is to institute mandatory blood and urine testing at the DMV.

Free libertarian

My religion does not permit me to give blood samples against my will, but I'd be happy to piss on their shoes.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 20, 2011, 09:01 AM NHFT
  My religion does not permit me to give blood samples against my will, but I'd be happy to piss on their shoes.

I love it, that's great!  ;D

Pat K

Tom Sawyer

Not to make light of the situation, but this is not anything new. Most states can revoke your drivers license for refusing to submit to alcohol and drug testing if accused of DUI. Most have to take you to the hospital if you don't want to take the breathalyzer test. I would trust the blood test to be more accurate.

Alex Jones has a habit of sensationalizing these stories... he makes his living scaring people with tabloid sytle stories. It would be helpful to have a link to the text of the bill to confirm the claims made in this story.

Pat K

Free libertarian

I'm curious what would happen if some private citizens staged a  " checkpoint" at the largest State run liquor store because they were concerned about safety. 

Hate to see sales drop, but safety first ! 

People could dress up as vampires and volunteer to help draw blood if the suspected drunk refused to submit.  As long as we can get a judges approval it'll be okay to fuck with people honest!!

Okay never mind.   

Lloyd Danforth

I had to read the first 8 pages of jokes to find this:)

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Paris,
Tennessee.
After last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar
so intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the
officer quietly observing.
After what seemed an eternity in which
he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find
his car and fall into it. He sat there for a few minutes as a number of
other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally, he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it wasa
fine & beautiful dry summer night), flicked the turn blinkers on and
off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the
lights.
He then moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little
and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the
other patrons' vehicles left.
At last, when his was the only car left in
the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now
started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the
man over and administered a Breathalyzer test.

To his amazement, the Breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any
alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you
to accompany me to the police station. This Breathalyzer equipment must
be broken."

"I doubt it," said the truly proud Hillbilly. "Tonight I'm the
designated decoy."

John

Quote from: Pat K on January 20, 2011, 01:22 PM NHFT
"No refusal" policy causes controversy

There ya go.

Check Points - Not Just For War Zones Anymore
Wow! Check points ain't bad enough. Now judges at the check points? ...
I forget. Did they mention what kind of Evil government is doing this and in which Evil country this is happening?