• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kaufman County prosecutor shot outside courthouse

Started by Silent_Bob, January 31, 2013, 10:21 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent_Bob

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Sheriff-Kaufman-County-employee-shot-near-courthouse-189198001.html

A Kaufman County prosecutor has reportedly been shot outside the courthouse, spurring a complete lockdown of the grounds and an active search for the two shooters.

Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Pat Laney said the suspects shot the individual "off grounds" at about 8:50 a.m. and fled. She did not specify where exactly the shooting occured, but said the entire courthouse has been locked down.

The Texas Department of Public Safety sent out an alert for troopers to be on lookout for a silver "older model" Ford Taurus. According to the alert, the two suspects are wearing all black and at least one is in a tactical vest.

Kaufman Independent School District Superintendent Todd Williams said all schools in the district are also locked down as authorities search for the shooters.

The victim has been taken to a hospital, although his or her condition is unknown. The county employee has not been identified, however multiple sources have confirmed to News 8 that the victim is a prosecutor.

Employees at businesses nearby say they've seen heavy police activity and heard reports of the shooting. Cathy Coulson, a real estate agent at Re/Max across from the courthouse, said she was not at work when the shooting happened, but reported seeing police helicopters searching overhead.

"I didn't hear anything, I came into my office right after it happened, but I talked to one of my clients that's two blocks behind us and he said that he heard it," Coulson said, adding that she's seen police walking the streets. "They don't have time to come tell us to lock down, we have enough sense to do that; we've seen them going around and the helicopters." 

Tonya Ratcliff, a clerk at The Kaufman County Tax Office located to the right of the courthouse, said officers came inside and asked them to lock their doors.

We'll have more information as we learn it.

Jim Johnson

Silent_Bob

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

I would guess this is the county just west of where I used to work in Texas.
I can see people getting mad at the prosecutor. They can be worse than the cops.