• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sick

Started by Pat K, January 22, 2006, 06:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Damn I am sick, got some bad type of bug or something that started last night at work kicked my ass all night. thought I had the flue but right now I only feel like I am slightly hung over and feel like I need to eat so maybe it was just some passing bug.

AlanM

Glad you are feeling better.
I was wondering why you hadn't told us you hate snow, lately.  ;D

Kat Kanning

Aw, get better soon.  I was missing your humor!

It's going to snow tomorrow  ;D

Otosan

When I feel the "bug" coming on,  I take a shot of Rock and Rye with an aspirin, drink lots of O.J. and cosume at least one can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup.

And for a sore throat, hot tea with lemon and honey, or honey and a cinnamion stick.    ;D 

And of course, stay out of the snow.... ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Rock and Rye......Rock and Rye.....I have fond memories of Rock and Rye!

Pat McCotter

I've just told my body to stay healthy. No colds or flu since then. Easy. ???

Lex

Quote from: patmccotter on January 22, 2006, 07:25 PM NHFT
I've just told my body to stay healthy. No colds or flu since then. Easy. ???

It's all in the head!   :)

Kat Kanning

I haven't been sick either and I didn't tell myself not to get sick.   ;D

Lex

Quote from: katdillon on January 22, 2006, 07:42 PM NHFT
I haven't been sick either and I didn't tell myself not to get sick.   ;D

I ment that it depends on how you feel emotionally. People who are constantly stressed for example are more likely to get sick.

Pat McCotter

I guess that could be it. I don't let myself get stressed. Hey! Maybe when I told my body to not get sick it told my brain to calm down. ;D

cathleeninnh

The Healing Brain by Ornstein and Sobel is not recent but very good at explaining the amazing capacity of the brain in preventing and curing all kinds of deseases. It explains why faith healing, shamans, and placebos often have unbelievable cure rates.

So keep doing whatever works for you.

Cathleen

Pat K

Most of the time if I was any more relaxed I would be dead. So I don't think it  is stress related, perhaps it could be a virus, I know its just one of those wacky western medical ideas, but what the heck lets cover all bases.  ;D