• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Justice Department Probe Foiled: Gonzales Strikes Again

Started by BillyC, May 25, 2006, 07:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyC

http://news.nationaljournal.com/articles/0525nj2.htm

May 25, 2006 - An internal Justice Department inquiry into whether department officials -- including Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and then-Attorney General John Ashcroft -- acted properly in approving and overseeing the Bush administration's domestic eavesdropping program was stymied because investigators were denied security clearances to do their work. The investigators, however, were only seeking information and documents relating to the National Security Agency's surveillance program that were already in the Justice Department's possession, two senior government officials said in interviews. The investigation was launched in January by the Justice Department's Office of Professional Responsibility, a small ethics watchdog set up in 1975.

aries

Does any executive agency have the authority to keep the court from investigating on the basis of "national security" or some other BS response?

Because if all men are equal under the law, then I'd like to motion that all warrants issued for my property are hereby void, as my property is a matter of my personal security.

ravelkinbow

Quote from: aries on May 25, 2006, 08:20 PM NHFT
Because if all men are equal under the law, then I'd like to motion that all warrants issued for my property are hereby void, as my property is a matter of my personal security.

:clapping: