• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

From the Horse's Mouth in Hampton

Started by GT, February 14, 2005, 07:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

I'm thinking a Donkey is more appropriate. The Chief of police in Hampton gives us his view on why we should have our freedoms limited.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/02132005/news/64323.htm

Russell Kanning

"This is one of the issues the association feels strongly on," Wrenn said. "It is strongly needed in the state. Seat belts save lives. New Hampshire is the only state in the United States that doesn't have a mandatory seat-belt law. It's time."

"We do see some bills brought forth by people who believe, basically, in no government interference in life for whatever reason. Live free or die? We hear that argument all the time."

Dave Ridley

"We hear that argument all the time."

They're about to hear it more.

GT

I was going through some old emails regarding House Bill 208. The reponse from the bills sponsor to my email was:

"This bill was submitted at the request of the N.H. police chiefs association.? I would answer your question but I have not been directly involved in the drafting and therefore may not give you the correct information you are looking for I would like to suggest that you Contact your local Chief or Mr William Wrenn the Hampton Chief who made the request have the bill introduce."

If Mr. Wrenn wants to legislate. Maybe he should trade his bagde for a sign. "A Vote for Wrenn is a vote for Freedom ME"

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: GDouglas on February 17, 2005, 05:35 AM NHFT
I was going through some old emails regarding House Bill 208. The reponse from the bills sponsor to my email was:

"This bill was submitted at the request of the N.H. police chiefs association.? I would answer your question but I have not been directly involved in the drafting and therefore may not give you the correct information you are looking for I would like to suggest that you Contact your local Chief or Mr William Wrenn the Hampton Chief who made the request have the bill introduce."

If Mr. Wrenn wants to legislate. Maybe he should trade his bagde for a sign. "A Vote for Wrenn is a vote for Freedom ME"

Does this mean that bills will be, automatically,  submitted at the request of the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance or Liberty Tree Society?

Russell Kanning

Good question....if he just submits the bills and doesn't even really pay attention....the people that elect him must be so proud ::)

AlanM

There was a Legislator from Strafford County who offered to introduce any bill his constituents requested. He wouldn't necessarily take a stand on any of them. Merely introduce them.