• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

IS THE US BANKRUPT?

Started by Kat Kanning, July 19, 2006, 04:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Quote from: Dreepa on July 24, 2006, 08:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on July 24, 2006, 03:47 AM NHFT

True. But that's partially taking advantage of government money manipulation (perhaps even morally tantamount to accepting welfare, don't know. I don't judge.)

What... .that means that you are accepting welfare now.  I mean there is inflation right now.
Who owns your mortgage?  Did your bank sell it to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac?

I know. I'm a dambed hypocrite and I don't like it.  In fact my mortgage is FHA subsidised because it was gotten before I really understood what libertarianism was all about. 

Notice I did say "Perhaps" 

And the real reason was the other one. Widespread unemployment underhyperinflation.

Tracy

dalebert

The real threat however in hyperinflation is loosing your job.  Get everything paid off and be as self sufficient as possible -- and you don't need to worry about that so much.

I agree. A collapse will affect those most dependant on the system-- stock investors and the like.  What about investing in other countries with growing infrastructures?

Dreepa

Quote from: dalebert on July 25, 2006, 12:03 PM NHFT
The real threat however in hyperinflation is loosing your job.  Get everything paid off and be as self sufficient as possible -- and you don't need to worry about that so much.

I agree. A collapse will affect those most dependant on the system-- stock investors and the like.  What about investing in other countries with growing infrastructures?

But the trade on the dollar.
If the US Stock market and US economy collapse... .expect the whole world to go into a recession/depression.

Russell Kanning

I expect us to be better off. :)

tracysaboe

Quote from: russellkanning on July 25, 2006, 12:16 PM NHFT

Agreed. People not dependent on Fiat money systems, will be better off.

TRacy

Dreepa

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 25, 2006, 12:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on July 25, 2006, 12:16 PM NHFT

Agreed. People not dependent on Fiat money systems, will be better off.

TRacy
Wrong.
The economy will collapse and people will lose jobs.
Then the government will step in and 'feed' them.
People will be thankful.
Tracy would you lose your job, and then your house?  What would you do?  How would you be better off?  You would still over that debt you have.

tracysaboe

Well, if I'm deeply in debt -- then I'm stil dependent on the fiat money system aren't I.

However, if I own my Home, have self sustaning electricity (from solar or whatever.) and it's built in such a way so that passive solar gain is enough to heat my house in the winter -- thus reducing my dependency on both government utility services and gasaline. Then I'm self sufficient enough that I'm not dependent on fiat money systems.

If I live in a barter community then I'm certainly not dependent.

It takes a bit of wealth and no-how to get yourself out of being dependent on fiat money systems -- and I have several years to go myself -- but it is possible. And once you're their, you don't need to worry about hyperinflation. or needing a job because you can create your own work.

Tracy 

Dreepa

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 27, 2006, 02:50 AM NHFT
Well, if I'm deeply in debt -- then I'm stil dependent on the fiat money system aren't I.

However, if I own my Home, have self sustaning electricity (from solar or whatever.) and it's built in such a way so that passive solar gain is enough to heat my house in the winter -- thus reducing my dependency on both government utility services and gasaline. Then I'm self sufficient enough that I'm not dependent on fiat money systems.

If I live in a barter community then I'm certainly not dependent.

It takes a bit of wealth and no-how to get yourself out of being dependent on fiat money systems -- and I have several years to go myself -- but it is possible. And once you're their, you don't need to worry about hyperinflation. or needing a job because you can create your own work.

Tracy 
But I keep hearing people say that it is going to happen NOW or SOON.
You don't have NOW or SOON.  You have 5-6 years.
Don't worry the economy will still be there. Maybe a recession but not a collapse.

tracysaboe

Quote from: Dreepa on July 27, 2006, 08:05 AM NHFT

But I keep hearing people say that it is going to happen NOW or SOON.
You don't have NOW or SOON.  You have 5-6 years.

That's what scares me.

TRacy