• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visiting NH Nov. 13-15?

Started by error, October 24, 2006, 02:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

I'm absolutely steamed at the things going on in this country these days. Not just Lauren Canario and Dada, but in general, and it's time to do something about it. This is why I'm moving to NH next spring. But I also want to get in a visit before then.

And since I will be in NYC on Nov. 16th, I figured that this would be a good time to pay a visit to NH. Ideally I want to visit Concord on the 13th and either attend or protest Dada's court appearance, then visit with folks in Keene on the 14th, and who knows what on the 15th.

So, does anybody have couches I can crash on in Concord and Keene, or should I go looking for Motel 6? :)

Kat Kanning

Glad to hear you're visiting.  We're going to be out of town though.  :-\

error

Well, I just got confirmation of my NYC plans for the 16th, (which are work-related) so my visit is on, couch or no couch.

I think I have one other person who lives in Chichester coming out to join us at Dada's court appearance/protest on the 13th, and I'm going to be there regardless. Maybe on the 14th and 15th I'll go down to Boston and try to persuade a couple of people I know down there that freedom really is in their best interest. :)

Dave Ridley

Thanks so much error!  If you do end up having to stay at a hotel the cheapest one is probably the motel 6 in nashua, everything in concord and manch is pricier.  if you are bouncing around from concord to boston than that motel 6 is probably your ticket.   However you may get offers between now and then of a better place to stay.

error

On that note, a few states and cities have laws requiring you to present a government identification document to hotels and motels when you check in. I was utterly shocked when a Motel 6 in Wisconsin not only asked me for such an identification, but said there was a city ordinance that required them to photocopy it and keep the copy on file! (Much later I discovered that no such ordinance exists.)

I have no intention of traveling with government identification documents if at all possible. Last summer this wasn't an issue, because I had a spare bedroom to crash in. Is renting a hotel room without government identification going to be a problem in NH?