• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Uhhhh... guys...

Started by Michael Fisher, October 09, 2006, 07:44 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

I love Fogerty and CCR. I nominate Rising Wind as the the offical going to NH theme song.

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on October 11, 2006, 12:30 AM NHFT
I love Fogerty and CCR.

Great music, but CCR sucked at geography. I don't know what cotton fields they were in, but to be "down in Louisiana", they need to add about 29 miles to "just about a mile from Texarkana". (And just to prove what a pedant I can be, the cotton fields don't start for about another 15 miles into Louisiana.)

QuoteI nominate Rising Wind as the the offical going to NH theme song.

The official Ward's Chili theme song!

;D

cathleeninnh

Quote from: KBCraig on October 11, 2006, 01:05 AM NHFT

I didn't think he used beans.

Cathleen

polyanarch

Quote from: cathleeninnh on October 11, 2006, 07:10 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on October 11, 2006, 01:05 AM NHFT

I didn't think he used beans.

Cathleen
Don't even get Ward started about beans in Chili!  The LNS list was never the same after it happened the first time!

cathleeninnh

Well you know, beans don't belong in chili!  ;)

Cathleen

d_goddard

Quote from: Michael Fisher on October 10, 2006, 09:30 PM NHFT
My fight has not even begun.
Mine, neither.

Quote from: Michael Fisher on October 10, 2006, 09:30 PM NHFT
Please be patient with me and my plan.
Who said there was a deadline?

David

Nationwide we definately are losing.  People like using force and fraud on other people.  (if they didn't than we would see less support the gov't speech and more  pleas for voluntary support)  Thats what made the free state project such a good idea. 
Whats sad, is we are probably better organized than ever before. 
We can't change the world, or even a nation, probably not even the whole of N. H..  But if we focus our efforts, we may be able to forge a very small pocket of realitive freedom.   :)

d_goddard

Quote from: fsp-ohio on October 11, 2006, 10:29 AM NHFT
We can't change .. probably not even the whole of N.H.
I disagree.
N.H. can be made incredibly free -- at least brought back to the limits actually intended by the US & NH Constitutions -- if we had 150 people willing to:
a) volunteer in their communities
b) run for local office
c) run for State Rep
... in that order.

I know that's not everyone's path. I am simply saying that with 150 people willing to do the above, we'd be there, at least in NH.

cathleeninnh

Denis has been blinded by the light. Somebody quantify just how much/many of our RSA's we would have to deal with to get there. Even if all 150 people were in the House, we couldn't do that.

Cathleen

d_goddard

Quote from: cathleeninnh on October 11, 2006, 01:20 PM NHFT
Denis has been blinded by the light. Somebody quantify just how much/many of our RSA's we would have to deal with to get there. Even if all 150 people were in the House, we couldn't do that.
It would be an addition of 100 liberty-lovers, on top of the 100+ A's and B's already in the House (assuming 50 fail to get elected)
That would ensure NO statist legislation could go forward, and a slew of pro-liberty bills would come to the Sentate.
5 years later (due to the 7-year residency requirement), we'd need only 4-5 of "our" Liberty-lovers in the Senate to top the Senate the same way 100 people tipped the House.

The tipping point after making the House liberty-loving would be significant and swift.
The energy that we now must pour into preventing statist legislation, would then be available for pruning back the machinery of the State.

John

I am hopefull.
"We" can not make this happen.  "We" never have.
It will not be someone called "we" - but "I."

Again I'm remebering just twenty letters - only ten little words:
"If it is to be, it is up to me!"
Say hello if you choose - but please come Home and get to work.
What have you/I done lately?

Forastero

A wise man once said, Never never never give up! Fine, we may not be able to change the nation, but I will still contend that there is still a chance in New Hampshire, we just need to spread the word: All you liberty lovers out there, time to flock to New Hampshire!