• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Nashua Telegraph editorial on the FSP

Started by Ruger Mason, February 01, 2007, 12:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: mvpel on February 05, 2007, 08:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on February 05, 2007, 12:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on February 04, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFT
I have heard 2-3 people claim that they were the first movers.
Not trying to dis but someone on this board said some chick (don't know her name) was the  first mover.

The WMUR "Chronicles" episode on the FSP highlighted a pretty young thang and called her the first post-vote mover. She worked for Lethal Force Institute (IIRC), modeled for graphic novels, and did yoga. But so far as I can tell, no one on either the Underground of FSP forum has had any contact with her, so I don't know if she's an activist, or just a freedom lover living her life.

The Pratts were also featured in that episode.

Did they mention when she moved (or her name, for that matter)?  The vote was announced October 1, 2003, and Caren and I left California on November 14, 2003, and arrived in New Hampshire after a cross-country RV trip the evening of November 20, 2003.

I might be the first FSP Participant to visit NH. About 1954.

dawn

I think her name is Jacquie Passey something-or-other. I also believe that she has already moved out of NH which she posted recently either here or on FSP site.

I think it's a hoot that the papers ALWAYS get it wrong. Big deal??? I could care less if they state that the project is failing, oh woe is me. Don't bother wasting your energy trying to correct them. Just get busy bringing us more liberty in our lifetime.

P.S. Hmm, I wonder who that woman with her two daughters looking at a house in Marlow in the Chronicle video was?? ;-) (taking no claim at being the first mover!)

Ruger Mason

Jacqueline Mackie Paisley Passey was a member of the FSP, but quit when New Hampshire won, and never moved to NH.  The woman in Chronicle was named Jackie Casey, and she had moved to Merrimack.  Last time I saw her was at the first PorcFest two years ago.

mvpel

Okay, so looks like she arrived on October 2, the day after the vote:

http://dev.freestateproject.org/news/media_archive/0104.php

So I guess start saying we were the second Free Staters to move to New Hampshire.  Odd I've never met her, guess she's busy on her billionaire project.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on February 05, 2007, 02:16 AM NHFT
I don't want to change NH. I want to keep it "NH".

Once the slide towards Massachusettism is stopped, then we can bring NH back to what NH was. And the min-/anarchists can quibble, but I think when things get back to where they were, most will be pretty happy with their lives.
NH isn't really that big a problem ... it is those stinkin' feds. Ed Brown would not be in danger if NH was free of the US.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 05, 2007, 03:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on February 05, 2007, 02:16 AM NHFT
I don't want to change NH. I want to keep it "NH".

Once the slide towards Massachusettism is stopped, then we can bring NH back to what NH was. And the min-/anarchists can quibble, but I think when things get back to where they were, most will be pretty happy with their lives.
NH isn't really that big a problem ... it is those stinkin' feds. Ed Brown would not be in danger if NH was free of the US.

yes, he willingly pays his property tax...

money dollars

Quote from: dawn on February 05, 2007, 08:56 AM NHFT
P.S. Hmm, I wonder who that woman with her two daughters looking at a house in Marlow in the Chronicle video was??
I looked at that house too....

error

Russell Kanning