• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I Hate Ice!!!

Started by Raineyrocks, January 02, 2007, 02:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

There was a much better picture of her on the front of the Concord Monitor.... but it is not online.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Pat McCotter on January 25, 2007, 04:11 PM NHFT
Just got a set of Yaktrax Pro for Gloria. Great for the ice!

Oh cool, I had thought about getting something like that.

Pat K

Dammit were is that F'n global warming it is 10 frigging deg here.

But at least no snow.

Kat Kanning

Zero here...gettin a mite chilly.

Friday

We're #1 (degree, that is)! 

cathleeninnh

The ones from QVC are probably cheaper. I have a couple pair and they work great. Just keep tromping and don't worry about the ice.
I went out walking one day and met a man who warned me about the ice on the sidewalk ahead. I showed him my metal studs banded on my shoes and he was really impressed.

Cathleen

Raineyrocks

Quote from: cathleeninnh on January 26, 2007, 10:20 AM NHFT

The ones from QVC are probably cheaper. I have a couple pair and they work great. Just keep tromping and don't worry about the ice.
I went out walking one day and met a man who warned me about the ice on the sidewalk ahead. I showed him my metal studs banded on my shoes and he was really impressed.

Cathleen

I found a pair of these at a tag sale in Maryland before we moved here and got them for a $1.  I am so clumsy anyways and with no health insurance, the last thing we can afford is me with a broken ankle.
It was -2 degrees when I took the kids to school this morning.  My minivan is making really weird noises when I start it up, hope that's normal. :-\

Kat Kanning

Kira and I seem unable to walk on ice without slipping...it'd be a good idea for us to get some.

Russell Kanning

The ice is taking over our river out back.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 26, 2007, 11:49 AM NHFT
Kira and I seem unable to walk on ice without slipping...it'd be a good idea for us to get some.

I got them at Joe King's in Concord - $27.95. They have the Walker style also. They are $10.00 cheaper online. And they come in different colors!

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Michael Fisher on January 02, 2007, 06:39 PM NHFT
In New Hampshire, always have a shovel in your car to break or chop up ice and to shovel snow. Don't forget the road salt, sand, scraper, extra washer fluid, emergency kit, gun, ammo, food, water, etc.

Do not forget the extra wiper blades, too.