• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

UL: Elaine Brown has no regrets

Started by KBCraig, February 06, 2007, 06:58 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Locking and redirecting to the Main Ed & Louise Brown thread.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Wife+in+tax+case+says+she+has+no+regrets&articleId=d1838c91-37b3-49ab-a26d-ac8ed2929f2b

Wife in tax case says she has no regrets

By KRISTEN SENZ
Special to the Union Leader

CONCORD ? As the government's case against a Plainfield couple who refused to pay income taxes for more 12 years continues, Elaine Brown says she has no regrets.

"We still maintain our position that we are correct," she said. "We have chosen that I would fight one way and Ed would fight another way, and we would see what happens with it."

Mrs. Brown, who has put her dental practice up for sale, was present in court last month for the reading of the guilty verdict in the couple's tax fraud case. She was ordered into her son's custody in Massachusetts and wears an electronic ankle bracelet that allows authorities to monitor her whereabouts.

Her husband, Ed Brown, was not in court when the verdict was read. He was holed up in his castle-like home on Center of Town Road in Plainfield with a group of supporters. Calling their efforts "Operation Alamo" and the Brown house "Little Alamo," the group says it is trying to educate the public about the rights of American citizens. Some have pledged to defend the couple with firearms if necessary.

Elaine Brown said she knows the stakes are high, but she and her 63-year-old husband continue to believe it's all worthwhile.

"Ed is very strong-principled. He is the most honorable and courageous man I have ever met, and he stands his ground, and he has my deepest, deepest respect," she said during a telephone interview.

Asked if she would repeat her decision not to pay income tax, Mrs. Brown said: "I hope we would have, because someone has to get it started."

Dr. Brown, 65, said her uncertain future is frightening, and sleep hasn't come easily over the past few weeks.

Discussion:

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3868