• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Just trying to find a "job"...

Started by eques, March 05, 2007, 11:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

Quote from: d_goddard on March 07, 2007, 10:35 PM NHFT
Contract shops all over in Boston (live in Salem & commute), fewer in Nashua and Manchester.
He lives in Ashland.... :)  Remember he already moved.

eques

SpeedPhreak

with out knowing your skills... I can't be much help.

But underground money is always the best IMO.  I would suggest bartending... I made more money bartending on some nights than entire weeks salaries at most of my jobs & even my businesses.  My record is just over $600 in 1 night... I gave my barback 300 because if it were not for him I would not have done it.  The most I ever took home after tip outs was over $400.  I averaged about $250/$300 before the club went to h3ll.  Of course you need to be able to stand long hours & move fast.  Plus you need the right place & customers to make that kind of money.  Same goes for waiting tables... right place & attitude you can make a lot.

I don't have any experience w/sciatic pain... but I have experience in pain... near fatal motorcycle accident (broken femur & a "ton" of soft tissue damage), torn rotator cuffs (plural), bruised kidney's, etc.... from rugby to kick boxing, motorcycle road racing to snowboarding...  I have been in some painfull situations.  Acupuncture, deep tissue massage, ART (a type of massage), laser treatment, yoga, tai chi, martial arts, & hitting the gym have all helped.  I will never be 100% I am affraid, but I try everything to get there... the only thing I can't really do is run.  Maybe you should look into some of these things if you already haven't.

If all that is a bust... well then

It sounds like you may have a good deal w/your dads business.
Learn to weld - I am not sure about there... but a shop I used to powder coat at hired welders at $12 to start & it was all under the table.
Consulting is usually good too - master something & tell others how to do it.

A really good service in my town is a delivery service.  You can call them at like 3am & they will go to the store for you, buy what you want & deliver it... They make good money, I guess, as they have radio commericals on at prime time (not cheap).  They charge for the goods, mileage, & a per run fee (so your taco bell or cocoa pebbles can end up costing $25 or more)... but if you are drunk, high, pregnant, lazy, sick, etc... it may be all worth it.

Another option I saw in AZ (college town) once was a free taxi.  These guys had some really cool cars decked out & loaded w/monitors inside & out.  They drove people home for free & some would take your car home (they had 2 man teams).  They sold advertising to local companies that played on the monitors... the drivers take tips only... of course this would probably take more capital than you may have... but you could joint venture w/some one that has the money.

A hydroponic garden can produce year round yields & you could sell those at local markets (farmers, flea, etc..).  tomatoes, carrots, herbs, etc...

Near the ocean?  Harvest sea salt & sell it on the internet.  1 backyard outfit smokes it & I hear it is killer good (hickorey salt? I want some).

Near tourist areas?  Organize tours... historical, ocean, borrow a boat & have fishing tours,  borrow a jeep & have a 4x4 tour.

Lots of options out there for freedom lovers.