• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Congratulations. You rattled another liberal's cage.

Started by CaveDog, April 25, 2007, 08:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CaveDog

So I was poking around liberal web sites gathering intel on the enemy when I came across this post from back in feb. This guy really hates you. Congratulations.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=166x1359

If he's as bright as the libs I caught ranting about how putting "live free or die" on the license plates constitutes a "nanny state" policy, you have nothing to worry about.  ;D

I especially liked the comment...
QuoteWhat do they think gives them the right to target a small state and essentially take it over politically, thereby forcing all of the people who already live there to conform to their ideology?

Meanwhile, this person apparently can't wait to move up here and help thier own party's effort to transform the "live free or die" state into the people's republic of NH. Like he/she should talk.  ::)

dalebert

QuoteWhat do they think gives them the right to target a small state and essentially take it over politically, thereby forcing all of the people who already live there to conform to their ideology?

Wait a minute... Is he equating politics with force? Sure sounds like it. Maybe he's coming around!

Oh wait. Never mind. I just remembered that liberals are completely immune to cognitive dissonance.

d_goddard

Quote from: CaveDog on April 25, 2007, 08:54 PM NHFT
So I was poking around liberal web sites gathering intel on the enemy
+1 for you!
Maybe you can list the best URLs on the wiki somewhere?
I'll get started:
http://bluetsateproject.org
http://democracyfornewhampshire.com

Note that some of the best activists on this Forum hang out with the Democrats.
"co-opting" is happening on both the Democrat and Republican parties  8)

Rodinia

Boy, that democratic underground is a sad website. For people who give the impression that 9 out of ten folks are gung ho liberals, that web site is cob webby.
I also couldn't get the blue state project website to come up...could it be a failure already?

Lex

Quote from: Rodinia on April 26, 2007, 01:10 PM NHFT
Boy, that democratic underground is a sad website. For people who give the impression that 9 out of ten folks are gung ho liberals, that web site is cob webby.
I also couldn't get the blue state project website to come up...could it be a failure already?

Dennis spelled state as tsate that is why the link doesn't work. But even if you spell it correctly it still doesn't work  ;)

supperman15

it just goes to show you that they are not pissed about the method but about the politics.  They have no rational argument AND the added hypocracy of moving up there to protect sochalism... im sorry "democracy" from us free staters. 

BTW how does reducing government raise property taxes???

CaveDog

It's just my personal feeling that the guy in the DU post above isn't alone. For the lefties to see the FSP succeed in NH would be bad mojo for them. Of course, having "live free or die" NH in the midst of an ocean of blue states here in the liberal NE is an old thorn in thier side, but a libertarian revolution in thier midst? Perish the thought. The old line yankee republicans flipping them off from the hinterlands was one thing, but the FSP is very well publicized and again, it's just my opinion but I think that frosts a lot of them which in turn makes NH a juicy target if for nothing else, just to make it look like you failed.

QuoteMaybe you can list the best URLs on the wiki somewhere?

There probably aren't enough to make a really decent list. Aside from what you listed there's some blog spots like BlueHampshire, but it's largely a matter of googling around and finding bits and pieces here and there.

You have to bear in mind that the dem success in NH was also based on coalitions with other sympathetic groups, so info tends to be spread out. "America votes" did a lot to bring together a coalition in '06, as this press release details. In '08 I expect that the DNC's 50 state strategy will probably put some effort into retaining NH and we can expect some of the same old players back again.  Since actBlue is registered as a PAC in NH I'm guessing they'll be funneling more cash in '08 than they did in '06 since I get the impression NH dems have warmed up to it as a vehicle.

I expect some backlash in '08 as people notice the liberal ooze running down the state house steps and into their front yards, but the libs have a strong coalition going. They'll be working grassroots door to door to swing fence sitters and mobilizing their own base again. They've got a large, tight coalition with support from strong national organizations. At this point it will probably take much the same to counter them here.

QuoteNote that some of the best activists on this Forum hang out with the Democrats.
"co-opting" is happening on both the Democrat and Republican parties

Some dems are actually sane, though they tend to be the old school ones from what I've seen.

QuoteBoy, that democratic underground is a sad website. For people who give the impression that 9 out of ten folks are gung ho liberals, that web site is cob webby.

DU is sad in general. They give the impression that everyone is liberal because by policy, they don't allow anyone else to participate. We used to play a game on another forum where people would sign up on the DU forums and see who could get banned in the shortest amount of time for making pro-liberty arguments. Some of the record times were a matter of minutes.