• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

want some opinions

Started by LiveFree, April 25, 2007, 10:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

LiveFree

So I'm in a techno mood tonight, and I thought of something while I was listening to stuff on peoples' myspace music pages.

Right now, the really big techno scene is in Europe.  I'm thinking that if NH were to somehow become independent and just not have drug laws, it would have a pretty good potential for attracting nightlife type establishments that would have the potential to gain world renown (think Ibiza or Netherlands, possibly) as a hotspot for that sort of stuff, could be a huge boost to the local economy.

Discuss.

Lloyd Danforth

Just ending the enforcement of drug laws would go a long way towards boosting the economy of NH.

SpeedPhreak

as a former raver (never did drugs), dj, bouncer, & bartender I think that is a very very good idea.  Lloyd is right is too of course, however the potential for more is huge.  Out door raves in the summer on the beach or in the forest & all night ski/snowboard parties in the winter (like x games or other similar events) would probably draw a large international crowd.

Dan

The RI local towns/economies did very well for themselves when they hosted the first 2 or 3 X-Games.

EJinCT

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 26, 2007, 07:07 AM NHFT
Just ending the enforcement of drug laws would go a long way towards boosting the economy of NH.

+1

I'll keep my opinion of the "techno" scene to myself.  ::)

aries

getting people to ignore them would be great too