• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I have a question about newspaper articles

Started by Raineyrocks, May 14, 2007, 06:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

When you see this at the bottom of an article :Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed, does that mean your not even allowed to copy and paste it anywhere?

penguins4me

If "anywhere" includes a public forum, as opposed to a local copy for your personal use, then technically, under US copyright law, yes. "Fair use" doesn't typically apply to a verbatim copy.

However, most folks, including myself, find it extremely annoying when someone posts a link to some tantalizing tidbit, only to find out moments later that the link is broken, doesn't work on the preferred browser, is registration only, etc., ad nauseum. If a reader likes the info, they have the option of attempting to follow the link (and thus see all the ads, etc. which the lack of views are usually the cause of the publisher's complaints).

So, I won't tell if you won't! ;D

Raineyrocks

error

That's the Associated Press for you. They require most outlets which distribute AP articles to remove them after 7 days or so.